Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Win a Mya-Moe Tenor Uke! Official UU "FROM OUR HOUSE TO YOURS" Contest!

Default Win a Mya-Moe Tenor Uke! Official UU "FROM OUR HOUSE TO YOURS" Contest!

Apparently, Aldrine had NO IDEA how to pronounce "Mya-Moe" correctly.
    For the right way to pronounce "Mya-Moe" please check out the Corrected-Pronunciation Mya-Moe Contest Video.

Hey UUers!

This month (April 2010) we're giving away a brand new Tenor Mya-Moe Pacific NW Aloha Series Ukulele!! It's a solid curly myrtle ukulele, and since myrtle trees are abundant in southern Oregon, the home of Mya-Moe Ukuleles, they wanted to know about your 'home'. So the "From Our House to Yours" contest goes like this:

1. Make a video of a song that tells us about your 'home'.
    2. Upload it to YouTube.
    3. Submit the video in this thread.

Be sure to mention the Mya-Moe/UU "From Our House to Yours" contest at the beginning of your video. The song must be played on an ukulele. Only one entry per person.

Songs can be originals or covers (just make sure to give credit to the writer/performer of the song). "Home" can be anywhere - your room, your house, your town, your country, your planet - just as long as you consider it your 'home'.

Entries will be judged on creativity, passion, and how well the song reflects how you feel about your ‘home’. Anyone with a good idea could win it, regardless of ukulele skill, so have fun with it!

1st Prize: Tenor, solid maple, mahogany neck, ebony fretboard, geared tuners, pearl inlay, Mya-Moe Ukulele + hardshell case w/ built in thermometer & hygrometer.
    2nd & 3rd Prize: Mya-Moe T-Shirt & Mya-Moe Ukulele Strap!

Deadline to enter: April 30, 2010

Post your entry below - Good luck!!
    Last edited by anaka; 04-01-2010 at 11:56 PM.

South Korea (Originally from Honolulu, Hawaii)

I'm sorry if this is inappropriate for this thread but, does anyone know the song that Aldrine played in the video?

Quote Originally Posted by ukulele2544 View Post
    I'm sorry if this is inappropriate for this thread but, does anyone know the song that Aldrine played in the video?
    I don't normally say this, but this song is beautiful! and it gives the feeling of passion for home... before I ever knew what the contest was about...

What an awesome competition... I'm SOOO entering this !! good luck to everyone and I can't wait to see what people convey through their song about what they consider home !!

AHHHAHAHA MYA MOE !
    Last edited by UkuLeLesReggAe; 04-02-2010 at 01:13 AM.

Sounds cool to me. I don't mind assaulting your ears to try to win that uke!!

Awesome prize from some awesome people!

Is this the unbelieveably awsome contest we were told to expect in March? I was starting to think is was never going to happen, but it was worth the wait

Wow, nice prize and cool concept for a contest!

I'm going to work on a song all day, since the ukulele i'm using is going back to the original owner, because he's moving away from me...and i'm to obligated by soo many other things financially *cough school sucks cough* lol
    "Never forget that when they love you, there is something awry"-Andrew Schwab

Quote Originally Posted by deach View Post
    Awesome prize from some awesome people!
    Mya-Moe is high on my wants list. I've spoke with them a few times and they are incredibly nice people.

How do you like the neck on yours. Can you compare it to a KoAloha? I am more interested in the bulk of the neck. I can deal with wide or narrow, but I prefer thinner overall.
    peace,

david

sweet as! what a great prize. good luck to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by iDavid View Post
    Mya-Moe is high on my wants list. I've spoke with them a few times and they are incredibly nice people.

How do you like the neck on yours. Can you compare it to a KoAloha? I am more interested in the bulk of the neck. I can deal with wide or narrow, but I prefer thinner overall.
    Neck circumference

Code:
    fret      MM              K
    1st      3 3/4"         4"
    5th      3 7/8"         4 1/4" 
    12th    4 1/2"         5"  (huge heel)
    Code:
    Width
    fret      MM                K
    1st      1  7/16"         1 1/2"
    5th      1  9/16"         1 5/8" 
    12th    1  3/4"           1 3/4"

Also, the Mya-Moe's profile is feels flatter.

Thread Information