Thread: How to prevent UAS...

Cool How to prevent UAS...

... give in to GAS:

It's a Tanglewood parlour, and I simply had to have it. Solid cedar top, solid mahogany back, laminated mahogany sides, herringbone purfling, maple bindings on top, back and neck, tastefully executed vintage sunburst. B-Band pickup/ preamp. Plays like a dream, and my fingers hurt more than they have for years.

Oh, and there won't be any more ukuleles for the rest of the year.
    --- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ---
    Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
    Join the Vita ukulele group
    Join the Brüko ukulele owners group

Very sweet.

Nice! But....I gotta say, GAS is just a mutant strain of UAS (as in The Andromeda Strain!) Both are highly contagious and can prove fatal to your bank account!

It's ouuurs, precious...It's our ukeses and we wants it, we needs it, we MUST haveses it! They might buyses it firsts, our ukeses in filthy, dirrty handses!

Fluke mango concert (Britney), Koa Pili Koko tenor (Beyonce), Melokia pineapple soprano (Miley), Kala kiwi soprano (Kylie), Brad D. superconcert (Fiona), Doane Clone baritone (Bjork), Cigar box tenor (Bonnie), Lanikai cedar deluxe concert (Katy)

That thing looks nice. I've been thinking about getting a smaller-bodied guitar at some point.

More pics:

It's getting most playtime at the moment, but I expect I'll calm down in a few weeks.
    --- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ---
    Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
    Join the Vita ukulele group
    Join the Brüko ukulele owners group

Very nice. I'm lovin the burst finish. I also gave in to GAS last week and bought a Larrivee P-03 Parlor. I feel so sorry for my uke

I don't know if its a cure, or not, but I have successfully put my UAS into remission by buying a box of mahogany lumber several weeks ago. There are probably at least a year's worth of self-built ukes in there, and I have promised myself I won't buy any more made by others until I build at least one of my own. The only problem is that now I have a form of luthier's disease called TAS (tool acquisition syndrome). Several tools followed me home last week. Instead of spending hours looking at internet uke-for-sale websites, I am now spending far too much time studying "Guitarmaking Tradition and Technology," which of course fuels my TAS. I have also been mapping out all the local hardwood suppliers on GoogleMaps lol. I barely have time to play my ukes anymore lol.
    Last edited by SweetWaterBlue; 04-11-2010 at 02:29 AM.

my wife hates it when I have gas

I had GAS, but it passed.
    Rend mig i janteloven!

Thread Information