Praise for MGM and Kala KA TEM

AC Baltimore

Reaction score
My Kala Kala Tenor Ukulele KA TEM arrived second day air today. The Uke is awesome, impeccable fit and finish. Mike's setup is everything I have heard and more... it is flawless. The Light weight body is ultra resonate and I LOVE THE AQULIA STRINGS.

I will post a pic shortly but I am sure you have seen them already.

Thanx again Mike.

P.S. The smi-hard case are clip tuner rock.

Ok here is a pic. Sorry it is so crappy... I took it with my cell phone. The more I play this thing the more I love it, it could not be more perfect.

tenoruke.jpg

A beautiful uke, congrats! Yes MGM does a GREAT set up and you are now another happy MGM customer!!
How does the uke sound???

Well I only have my OU5 to compare it with, but based on that and what I have heard of others... it sounds great. The light body rings out wonderfully with a warm yet punchy tone. The sustain is fantastic.

Once I become a more competent player I am going to get a higher end uke, and it will probably be from Mike. I didn't buy my OU5 from Mike... it is currently back at Oscar Schmidt getting bad frets fixed.... see my point?

I have spent twenty years playing guitar and I have never had as much fun as I am with this uke. I am only sorry stereotypes kept me away from the uke this long, but that's another topic.:cool:

Cool lookin' uke. I am another satisifed MGM customer, I got the Kala lacewood/spruce tenor. Congratulations!

Mental money note? Don't pull a muscle! Beware of the dreaded UAS...

Very nice, congrats!! Yes MGM does an excellent job getting the uke all ready to play!

@Cletus: It has already hit bro... the need/want list is growing much faster than my talent lol.

@molokinirum: AMEN!!!! Believe the hype.

@Leigh: Thanx. That spalted is a beauty. I have it on my list. How is the sound opposed to other more standard uke woods?

Top Bottom