Hello from Bangalore, India!

monkinmerc

Reaction score
Greetings, Uke lovers!

Am excited to be part of UU with you all.
The uke is practically unheard of in India. I got hooked seeing the youtube videos by many of you.
Am waiting for a uke to come into stock(as told by the shopkeeper) on this 16th.
Am hoping it will be a good product as I don't know how well the local maker know about ukes.

Meanwhile, you keep strumming:).

We're on the same boat! Uke is preeeetty much unheard of here in the Middle East.

Welcome, welcome!

Dane, Thanks. You will find India mindboggling;)

Thanks Leigh.

Deets, that puts us among the pioneers in our own regions. I remember someone in UU had a tagline 'Am the best uke player in my block'.
We will be able to say "I am the best uke player in India/Desert Island". For a while :).

Dane, Thanks. You will find India mindboggling;)

Thanks Leigh.

Deets, that puts us among the pioneers in our own regions. I remember someone in UU had a tagline 'Am the best uke player in my block'.
We will be able to say "I am the best uke player in India/Desert Island". For a while :).

That totally upped my uke'n confidence! It's Bahrain, by the way.

Act 2 of the story,gentlemen! Crisis looms over the horizon!
Today I met the shopkeeper(couldn't sit waiting). The date when it will come is now expected to be the beginning of May! Its made in China.
Am getting friends to check in other cities like Mumbai and Imphal (in east india).

Dane, Rest assured, that's my intention.I might have already passed on the bug to my friend in Mumbai:cool:

Deets, Best uke player in Bahrain, then!
Do you have a uke or are you searching?

Welcome aboard, monkinmerc. I once spent a few weeks in Hyderabad teaching a course for the World Bank. One of my co-instructors was from Bangalore, and he used to say at least once a day that, "Everything's better in Bangalore." Unfortunately, I never made it that far South.

Welcome to UU. Good luck with your uke and have a blast when you get it.

I'm excited for you!

Yup, I have a couple. Went uke searching for MONTHS all over Bahrain, Kuwait, AND Saudi Arabia and...nothin'. Not a single music store that sells uke's! So I just went ahead and ordered them online.

Aloha :)

Found this page and forum as well searching for a uke in bangalore. Im currently in Korea and searching for a uke around here.

I was missing my guitar badly and read an article about Eddie vedder being inspired by the uke... and here i am :)

Nyone from Suwon to help me out!!!!!!

Cheers.

Finally...

Folks,

I got my ukulele, finally.
Had to travel all the way to the beach city of Goa. Then had to replace the mettalic strings with nylon.
The brand is Takamin and is concert size.
Srikant, you can try this if you cant find a good one in Korea.

Happy strumming ...

Monk

Hey monk

Folks,

I got my ukulele, finally.
Had to travel all the way to the beach city of Goa. Then had to replace the mettalic strings with nylon.
The brand is Takamin and is concert size.
Srikant, you can try this if you cant find a good one in Korea.

Happy strumming ...

Monk

Hey monk, i live in gujarat and i have tried to find ukulele in almost all metros including delhi,bangalore,mumbai etc..

U sure i can get it at Goa ?

Two coincidences. One, I stumbled upon this site and forum thread. Two, I happen to know personally, a Luthier in Bangalore who besides fine Concert Classical Guitars and Harp Guitars, also makes Concert and Soprano Ukes. You will have to place an order and his instruments are not available off-the-shelf. Check out his websites: www.arulguitars.com/beta and www.arulguitars.com.

Welcome! Every ukulele makes the World a happier place.

Hiya!

It is great to know that someone in Bangalore also is playing Uke! :) I am from Bangalore and I came to France for an onsite mission for a period of 1 year... This is when I first heard about Uke and then started learning here. It is really really good to learn quickly and practice! :)

I bought 2 Ukes already and am planning to buy one more before I leave from here! :) I hope we could catch up sometime when I am back to India and let's play together! And the best part is my brother (who is just 12 now) is quick at grasping the instrument.... He has learnt just by watching how I play and with the lesson books that I gave! :)

Here we can manage to find amazing instruments... just that if you want niche ones it is costly.... The lowest range is around 120 Euroes (around 8k Rs) and highest can go up to a lakh...

I wish music markets in India catch up to the Ukuleles quite soon!

Aloha monkinmerc!
Welcome to the UU! Hope you're able to locate a uke soon!

Top Bottom