Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Makala Dolphins

Default Makala Dolphins

I've ordered two Makala Dolphins and a string-set from MGM, and i can't wait to recieve it!! I'm looking forward to it like a little kid waiting for christmas eve! It'll probably take a while since all air-traffic in Norway is cancelled at the moment beacuse of the volcano in Iceland...
    I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

You have to imagine that when a volcano affects something to do with ukuleles, it's usually a very different volcano in a very different place.

My son has a Dolphin. Great ukulele. I want to trade out the strings at some point. The ones on it are a bit dead. But it's great fun. Be patient, and enjoy!
    "A few chords strummed on a ukulele, enough to please a few others beside yourself, does more good in this world than the combined efforts of all the financiers and politicians that ever lived."

My YouTube channel.
    Mya-Moe Port Orford Cedar/Maple Concert
    MP Custom Zebrawood Pineapple Longneck Soprano

What colors did you get?

I heart my Dolphin. And it's PURPLE!
    Purple Makala Dolphin : Mahalo Camp Uke : Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple Porthos : Lanikai O8-E Honey : Mainland Red Cedar Soprano Panties : Ohana Sopranino Short Round : Islander Soprano : Mainland Mahogany Tenor Tank Jr : Kala KM-FMB : Makai PK-55 Inspiration : Vintage Blackstone Baritone : Bluegrass Cedar top Tenor : Zebrawood Fishuku

A white and a yellow/orange sunburst

Pulelehua: The Dolphins from MGM comes with Aquila strings

Those yellow ones are nice. If I remember correctly, the white one 'sparkles'? Sparkly things are nice...
    Purple Makala Dolphin : Mahalo Camp Uke : Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple Porthos : Lanikai O8-E Honey : Mainland Red Cedar Soprano Panties : Ohana Sopranino Short Round : Islander Soprano : Mainland Mahogany Tenor Tank Jr : Kala KM-FMB : Makai PK-55 Inspiration : Vintage Blackstone Baritone : Bluegrass Cedar top Tenor : Zebrawood Fishuku

I have a white one. It was perfect for embellishment and customization.
    I really want an additional one but can't begin to justify it with all the other ukes I already have.

It's cheap enough to justify it

Quote Originally Posted by Skitzic View Post
    Those yellow ones are nice. If I remember correctly, the white one 'sparkles'? Sparkly things are nice...
    I have a black one and it is Sparkly...

We have quite a few in my family
    Attached Images Attached Images
    peace,

david

Quote Originally Posted by Nelson-Fritata View Post
    It's cheap enough to justify it
    Only so many times I get to use that excuse. Especially when in much less than a year I've accumulated a quantity of ukes that equals the total of lovers I've had in my 45-year-old fearless-hearted lifetime.

Quote Originally Posted by iDavid View Post
    I have a black one and it is Sparkly...

We have quite a few in my family
    I want a black one to paint the dolphin glittery silver. I think that would look sweet.

Thread Information