Whew. Un-clenched after 3 days

Steve vanPelt

Reaction score
Never thought one little end graft could give me such fits. Been working on it for three days. *breathing again* It was one of the hardest woodworking tasks I have ever done, 'ukulele or otherwise. I don't think I can even work anymore today. And to think some folks do this sort of thing every day. :worship::bowdown: Wow, heaps of respect for all you daily purflers. Sheesh that was intense. Thanks for looking

Steve

ALA_0226..jpgALA_0203..jpg

That rosette is awesome.

Wow, heaps of respect for all you daily purflers. Sheesh that was intense. Thanks for looking

Steve

Thanks for the warning. And ya like you said, "heaps of respect".
Can I ask if it was just that one or are they all intense? ...just want to know so I can avoid it in the future.

It's small but adds so much. Looks great.

Outstanding! Let's see a close up of that rosette please.

Love it. That's a mighty pro looking uke!

Had to take a peek at it again, the wood, rosette, binding and all is just outstanding.

That looks great. I dont think you give yourself enough credit. You really do some nice work.
Dan

Hey thanks everybody for the nice comments. You should see the pile of oops.

Thanks for the warning. And ya like you said, "heaps of respect".
Can I ask if it was just that one or are they all intense? ...just want to know so I can avoid it in the future.

It's small but adds so much. Looks great.

Janko, that really was the most intense, so far. Bright lights, magnification and tweezers...not used to working so small. Don't go avoiding anything just because it about kicked my butt, that's a long list.

Here's a pic of the rosette

ALA_0147..jpg

Wow Steve, that really does look fantastic. The whole package - wood, binding, end graft, rosette... - looks really professional. I hope we achieve your level some day.

Hey thanks everybody for the nice comments. You should see the pile of oops.

Janko, that really was the most intense, so far. Bright lights, magnification and tweezers...not used to working so small. Don't go avoiding anything just because it about kicked my butt, that's a long list.

Here's a pic of the rosette

View attachment 12098
I know what Your saying I"m beginning to get a pile myself . Thats looking really good

Top Bottom