Thread: Ukulele Magic

Default Ukulele Magic

I wore my ukulele revolution shirt to work (school) today. Another teacher asked me I had a guitar on my shirt, so I stopped, counted the strings for her, and told her it was a ukulele. I wasn't rude, or condescending, but you'd have thought I'd slapped her. No matter -- that wasn't really my point.

I was also packing my dolphin -- to play with my class. When it was time to break out the ukulele, all the guitar boys began to flock around me. I am not at all concerned for my dolphin, so they all had a turn. Here's the magic: the group of girls that had formed around the first boy who tried out his guitar licks moved on to the next boy, as the ukulele passed to him, and then on to the next, and so on, as each boy had a go. It was quite obvious, and gave me cause (again) to shake my head in wonder at the power of the "guacamole" (a girl misremembered its name).
    --- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- -- ---
    Facebook | Youtube | Twitter
    Join the Vita ukulele group
    Join the Br√ľko ukulele owners group

Uke = chick magnet. Awesome.
    Purple Makala Dolphin : Mahalo Camp Uke : Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple Porthos : Lanikai O8-E Honey : Mainland Red Cedar Soprano Panties : Ohana Sopranino Short Round : Islander Soprano : Mainland Mahogany Tenor Tank Jr : Kala KM-FMB : Makai PK-55 Inspiration : Vintage Blackstone Baritone : Bluegrass Cedar top Tenor : Zebrawood Fishuku

Thread Information