Page 1 of 49 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun Build

Default Fun Build

Hittin' the sauce and thinkin' stupid thoughts again... Here's my newest. What if we (the builders crew) collaborated with a build to be given away on Ukulele Underground.. each piece created by a different UU builder and sent to a final builder to put together. Just a thought.
    The uke could be given away in UU's contest forum.

I would want the job of heal cap.
    Last edited by Vic D; 04-28-2010 at 05:20 PM.

I'm talking a uke of many colors... a mutt.

Sounds like fun, I'm in.
    Brad

Vic thats does sound fun. Im in. Im such a crappy builder how about if I put the strings on or tune it up!!
    Dan
    zenking12@yahoo.com
    Kala Maple & Spruce tenor
    1927 Gibson soprano
    Martin 000-RSGT
    Martin OOOX1AE
    fender American strat
    Gibson Les Paul

Vic, I guess it might work, but whoever puts it all together is gonna have his/her work cut out (that's funny, I didn't plan the pun but I s'pose it's kinda cute).

Let's make it a bookmatched heel cap - you do left side, I'll do right

Quote Originally Posted by erich@muttcrew.net View Post
    Vic, I guess it might work, but whoever puts it all together is gonna have his/her work cut out (that's funny, I didn't plan the pun but I s'pose it's kinda cute).

Let's make it a bookmatched heel cap - you do left side, I'll do right
    Sounds good actually, I'd like to make it a soprano. since that's all i'm set up for right now.
    So far me and erich have the heel cap, bookmatched but not.
    I'll put it together, same as my others with a raidused top and back, but you guys don't have to radius anything i'll do it here.

So far it's me, erich, dan, and bradford. Once I make up the parts list others will probably join in. I'll post the parts list tommorow.

BTW erich, do you do inlay? I haven't yet but I'm getting my inlay supplies this week and I'd kinda like to do the "bookmatched" heel cap with inlay, A "U" on each side.. "UU"
    Last edited by Vic D; 04-29-2010 at 09:06 PM.

Guys we're talking about one piece of wood each. You can mail it to me, I'll slap it together. Two pieces each for top and back, two sides, two back braces, two top braces, a neck block and a tail block. four linings two for the top and two for the back, a bridge, a bridge patch, we can cut the lining into four pieces and I'll join them up. An end graft, the neck we can do in three pieces, left side right side and skunk stripe. fretboard 13.5 scale, nut, saddle, rosette. I'll spring for grover tuners and GHS strings unless someone wants to donate some special strings. A more complete list tommorow I will post.

I want this uke to look like the uke of many colors... a complete mutt... this could be fun. Everyone signs their piece. We could do it where we mail it back and forth so you can carve your own details in your piece.

PS: if anyone has a rad inlayed headstock veneer laying around collecting dust... that might make a nice addition.

PSS: if the top was a mix of spruce and mahogany, that might pose a problem... I could do it but I dunno... we might wanna keep the top a one piece.
    Last edited by Vic D; 04-29-2010 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty dan View Post
    Vic thats does sound fun. Im in. Im such a crappy builder how about if I put the strings on or tune it up!!
    Dan
    You are no crappy builder Dan... let's wait till tommorow when I put the list up and we can go from there.

I could do a fretboard.

I could make a bridge.
    Building blog - http://www.argapa.blogspot.com
    Music and atrocities - http://www.goodcopbadcop.se

Thread Information