Fun Build

Well if Timbuck uses them I'm sure they're nice. I can't find Taisamlu tuners on the net but I did find the Taisamlu ebay store and a set of friction tuners they sell and they're pretty and look well made. Then that would leave us with just sanding down the face of the headstock to allow for my inlaid head plate... if my ebony and shell ever get here...
These guys; right?

Attachments

• 1002261..jpg
    1002261..jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 15
I've been 'collecting' tuners from taisamlu for a while now and probably have ones that will work. I've got friction, sealed and 2 on a plate. Would be happy to donate ( or measure vs. the Grovers ) . I'll go see what I've got and get back to y'all.

Ok so here's what I've got. Taisamlu gold friction tuners with the big koa buttons. Bushing diameter about .315. If these work and you want them consider them in the mix.

View attachment 12644
Cool dogs. I like those more bettah. Gets my vote.

I've been 'collecting' tuners from taisamlu for a while now and probably have ones that will work. I've got friction, sealed and 2 on a plate. Would be happy to donate ( or measure vs. the Grovers ) . I'll go see what I've got and get back to y'all.

Ok so here's what I've got. Taisamlu gold friction tuners with the big koa buttons. Bushing diameter about .315. If these work and you want them consider them in the mix.

View attachment 12644

Oh my, but those are sexy.

So this is the Start of the begining...Tomorrow I will send off the "Neck and Heel block" to Fahrner, And my part of the build is over (I hope)..
From now on I will just observe:D and see what Cock up's develop.

So this is the Start of the begining...Tomorrow I will send off the "Neck and Heel block" to Fahrner,.

I stopped reading right there, got a big grin on my face, and then let out a chuckle. You made my day Timbuck.

How thick do we want the fingerboard?

Matt, the Antes plan shows .09" or 2.3mm, and Timbuck's neck is the Antes... Brad did say the bridge would be adjusted for the radius in the top... I'd almost say it's safe to say go with the .09, but, nothing is ever quite that easy is it... I can't think of any stoppers though.

Last edited:
Matt, the Antes plan shows .09" or 2.3mm, and Timbuck's neck is the Antes... Brad did say the bridge would be adjusted for the radius in the top... I'd almost say it's safe to say go with the .09, but, nothing is ever quite that easy is it... I can't think of any stoppers though.

I'll shoot for .1, and whoever glues it down can take it to final thickness.

lol--that was the funniest exchange of the thread. of course, no one's seen my fretboard yet... (that's a different kind of funny!)

The neck/block are on the way now to Fred...If the Volcano calm's down, he should get it in a few day time....I never remember having Volcano problem's in the UK before.

Here's the fretboard thus far:

Antes Martin Fretboard

As you can see, I've got the holes drilled for the MOP. As you can't see, I've slotted it, too, and think it came out well. I won't know how well the holes came out until I lift the template, and I want to shape it some more before I do that. If the holes did not come out well, I'll start a new one.

The red arrows point to the design edge. How close should I take it to those lines? I would want the neck present before I tried to take it down to final size; barring that, I would want to ship it on to whomever is gluing it down for final shaping (I could do the bottom, and the nut end is set).

Top Bottom