Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fun Build

Bradford that top is so perfect for this project. Beautiful wood too! I'm getting the list together right now and promise to have it tommorow.

Ok, here's the list. I'll have dimensions tommorow that'll just be a guideline. Probably whoever does the sides will close the box and send it to the person doing the binding.

Fun Build UU contest Soprano

1. Top: Bradford
    2. Back:
    3. Braces:
    4. Left side:
    5. Right side:
    6. Fretboard: Matt Clara
    7. Neck:
    8. Heal block:
    9. Tail block:
    10. Bridge Patch:
    11. Bridge ,saddle and nut:
    12. Binding:
    13. Headstock veneer/inlay: Victor Jones
    14. Finish:
    Last edited by Vic D; 05-02-2010 at 07:52 PM.

We'll be glad to add a back if you give us a plan or drawing, or at least dimensions wo work with. Brad, it's great to see you moving this forward, but I suppose we do need to work on the basis of some kind of plan, otherwise Vic will never be able to pull the pieces together.

Erich, the top profile was taken from the early Martin Style One plans by S. Antes. I can send out the dimensions if anyone needs them. I cut the outline 1/16" oversize, so in this case it will fit almost any soprano plan.

Brad

Vic, is it cool if we do the back? And if so...
    1) Brad, could you send me the dimensions.
    2) Let me know if you want us to put the braces on.

I'm trying to reply, but keep getting logged out and browser crashes when I try to post pics. Happens on other comptuers on my network so it's probably a bad script or something...

Will see if it clears up later and post these plans.

Then put me down for the sides. I can fabricate them but would need to send them on to be bent cause I got no form.

Can be both mahogany or one mahogany and one cherry if it's a mish-mash your looking for. Your call.

Bradford, found this at Elderlys. Assume it's the Antes plan you refer to. Do you know?
    "Martin Early Style 1. Soprano, or Standard style. Authentic. Blueprint.
    sku: 113-28 .. $3.50"
    Last edited by fahrner; 05-03-2010 at 11:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fahrner View Post
    Then put me down for the sides. I can fabricate them but would need to send them on to be bent cause I got no form.
    Can be both mahogany or one mahogany and one cherry if it's a mish-mash your looking for. Your call.
    Bradford, found this at Elderlys. Assume it's the Antes plan you refer to. Do you know?
    Martin Early Style 1. Soprano, or Standard style. Authentic. Blueprint.
    sku: 113-28 .. $3.50
    One mahogany and one cherry... sounds like a plan.

I dunno... it's this one from a kit I built. I read somewhere that it's pretty much a Martin style body. I've changed the scale to 13.5 and I've changed other things, thinner bridge patch, soundhole patch etc, but this is the basic starting point. Whatever scale suits Matt, just move the bridge plate and braces accordingly.

I'll post the dimensions later in case you can't read them. Lots of irons in the fire today.
    Last edited by Vic D; 05-03-2010 at 11:19 AM.

Vic.. if it's the Scott Antes drawing you are working to?? I'll supply the Neck and Heel block, I have some in stock that I made earlier..It's a dovetail job so "good luck" to whoever gets that bit to put together. .. I'll put the bits on the side, and when you are ready.. tell me who to send them to...I have all the other bits also but you can't have them co's it would spoil the Fun

Sounds awesome... but I can't do no dovetail fittin'. I will in the future but the first one will most definitely be wrong I assure you.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic D View Post
    Bradford that top is so perfect for this project. Beautiful wood too! I'm getting the list together right now and promise to have it tommorow.

Ok, here's the list. I'll have dimensions tommorow that'll just be a guideline. Probably whoever does the sides will close the box and send it to the person doing the binding.

Fun Build UU contest Soprano

1. Top: Bradford
    2. Back:
    3. Braces:
    4. Left side:
    5. Right side:
    6. Fretboard: Matt Clara
    7. Neck:
    8. Heal block:
    9. Tail block:
    10. Bridge Patch:
    11. Bridge ,saddle and nut:
    12. Binding:
    13. Headstock veneer/inlay: Victor Jones
    14. Finish:
    Where is the Rosette?..and Kerfed linings (you can't have bindings without them)
    Last edited by Timbuck; 05-03-2010 at 11:33 AM. Reason: editing

Thread Information