Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Trades Anyone??

Default Trades Anyone??

As you already know, I have a few very nice guitars for sale...
    I had a thought that I'd like to throw out there!

If any of you guys, (or ladies...sorry!), would have an interest in trading for a nice uke, (or for that matter, a guitar or anything else of equal value), I'd consider any kind of trade offers.

PLEASE don't mistake this post for "desperation" to get rid of some horrible instruments.....NOT AT ALL!

ALL of my guitars are truly beautiful players and also maximum "eye candy" as well, but the thought occurred to me that in today's difficult economy, maybe some of you, like me, can't buy another "toy" without getting rid of one first! In fact, I am in that kind of situation myself....bought a lot of guitars last year, and I love them all, but I'm as fickle as most players, and like to have something "new" to explore every once in a while.

The only way I can responsibly do that now-a-days is using the "one in=one-out" method, so if a trade would accomplish the same thing as selling a guitar so I can buy another uke, for example, well, why not save eBay and paypal fees and the time involved and make TWO people happy at the same time?
    What do you guys think of the idea, and do I have any takers?

Here's a partial list, and I must apologize in advance for the fact it is NOT completely up to date. About a dozen or so guitars are already sold, and about 1/2 dozen or so aren't listed, but it's a "start", and I will get it updated asap, but in the interest of time I wanted to get something posted quickly.
    One more thing...PLEASE do NOT consider the "Value" field my asking price!!!
    I had to submit an inventory to my homeowner's insurance company and I used the "list prices", since there is no telling what the actual discount might be at the time of a loss, if one, God forbid, were ever to happen. Just use that field as a guideline to help establish the value of the item, but I am well aware that each item can be found at a discount price that would vary from store to store.
    OK?
    Take a look, and let me know if anything interests you, either to buy outright, or trade for something equally cool to what you like on the list! I will also be willing to add cash if necessary to make the deal fair, if the item you like is worth less than what you want to trade, just as I know you'd do for me if the situation is reversed. (I am also open to "Multiple" type deals, IE, if you have a uke or guitar or widget that's worth $4,322.88, (does anyone have a uke worth $4, 322.88? ), I'd be willing to trade as many guitars as necessary to equal that amount, or add the cash difference if the multiple idea doesn't work out.)

PS: Please remember, I may not have the guitar you see on the list anymore, (these are .jpg images, so they aren't that easy to edit, but I will soon), so just check with me first on availability before you get too deep into figuring out an offer, ok?
    Hope to hear from you guys!

WHOA all of my instruments don't equal any of those!

Quote Originally Posted by davoomac View Post
    Hold on Soul Brother!

I do have some lower priced but TOTALLY cool guitars!
    Here's one that missed the list, I think...
    2003 LIKE NEW Made In The USA Fender Strat HH in Electric Blue...has the really cool S-1 electronics, and comes in a hard shell case....they are one of the most versatile Strats ever built!
    I'd happily trade that one for a uke worth around $700-$800 or so...
    How about that?

Got any tube amps?

Wow!!! If u just sold one of those, you can get a pretty sweet custom Uke with the gear so easily. I wish I had an instrument of equal value but, I'm strapped for cash.
    Twitter
    Youtube
    Ukes:
    Taira (Lanikai LU-21TE/BK) [Signed and Enjoying]

Quote Originally Posted by davoomac View Post
    Either one of my players equal any of these. In exact dollar value? Hell no!

But my Glyph I got when I was really needing a better uke. I've learned so much of my playing on it and dealing with Dave was such a sweet pleasure. I'd not give it up (even though some of those guitars actually make me drool just a bit!).

And my National? I got a good deal on it. They don't even make soprano size anymore. And I bought it with money that was willed to me (totally surprising me) by my paternal grandpa.

In fine, they are way special and right into the "priceless" category.

Please note this is not to dis NewbieUkie and his terrific offer in any way! I just wanted to point out that things that give you joy are sometimes not easily quantified in dollar amounts.
    Howlin' Hobbit -- got uke?
    Howlin' on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Bandcamp

Default Tube amps? LOOK AT THIS!

Quote Originally Posted by deach View Post
    Got any tube amps?
    Actually, I am considering selling my near mint 1971 Fender Twin Reverb. It's in museum quality, almost pristine, unplayed condition. I bought it from the original owner who bought it early in 1971, played it less than a couple hours, (he was ahron player, experimenting with a new-fangled gadget at the time called a "Maestro Wind Effects Unit", that made a sex or clarinet sound like all kinds of different horns when amped. He quickly decided (VERY quickly, with a day or so), that he didn't like the effect unit, and that unit, (which I also have), and the amp went in his hall closet for THIRTY SEVEN years!
    You could eat breakfast out of the inside...the original tubes are still sparkling, and since he had also bought the optional at the time dust cover, there isn't a single bit of fading to the grill cloth, and not one spec of dirt anywhere. He also bought it with the optional Utah speakers, loved by some, hated by others, but another factor that makes it exceptionally rare.
    But what makes it TRULY rare and desirable, aside from the incredible unused condition, is that this is a a VERIFIED early 1971, a NON-Master Volume model, one of the very last Black face circuitry in a silver face amp, before the mods that occurred in late '71, early '72, changed the face of Fender amps not only in color but in tone, forever.

Here's a quick peek at the cleanest 1971 Fender Twin Reverb you will ever see in your lifetime:

Look at the insides:

AMAZING, huh???

If anyone is interested, I'm open to offers!

Quote Originally Posted by Howlin Hobbit View Post
    Either one of my players equal any of these. In exact dollar value? Hell no!

But my Glyph I got when I was really needing a better uke. I've learned so much of my playing on it and dealing with Dave was such a sweet pleasure. I'd not give it up (even though some of those guitars actually make me drool just a bit!).

And my National? I got a good deal on it. They don't even make soprano size anymore. And I bought it with money that was willed to me (totally surprising me) by my paternal grandpa.

In fine, they are way special and right into the "priceless" category.

Please note this is not to dis NewbieUkie and his terrific offer in any way! I just wanted to point out that things that give you joy are sometimes not easily quantified in dollar amounts.

Ya know what???
    I know EXACTLY where you are coming from, and I AGREE ONE HUNDRED PERCENT!!
    I have a few little things I inherited from my Dad, and to most people, they wouldn't be worth 10 cents in a yard sale, but to ME, they are PRICELESS.
    Don't EVER give up something that is more meaningful than the sum of it's wood and finish and the case it sleeps in, or ANYTHING ELSE that is close to your heart, just to get a new guitar, or anything else, for that matter!
    LONG after the shine of the new toy wears off, you will long for what you gave up to get it, and you have to live with that regret the rest of your life!
    The guitars I have up for sale are GREAT guitars, but there are others in my collection...guitars with tremendous sentimental value, and you guys may see them, but you'll NEVER see them for sale!
    I'm with YOU on this one Bro!

Looking at that list of guitars and their values, if you just sell a couple of them, you can use the money toward ukes that most of us can only dream about. I'm sure you can sell the guitars pretty quickly elsewhere, buy a few sweet custom-level ukes, and post some pictures here for all to see!

Be sure to check out ukes from www.ukulelefriend.com. Shawn has some unreal stuff for sale.
    Visit the ukulele ghetto

Too many ukes!: W. King ls-tenor; W. King ls-concert; Kamaka tenor; Koa Works tenor; KoAloha Pineapple Sunday; Dasilva Santo repro; Aaron Taylor tenor; Kiwaya KTS-7; Kanile'a custom SS; Kepasa Gypsy Rose; Bluegrass cigar box tenor; Collings UC-1; Bushman cedartone baritone; Glyph Mezzo Soprano "Mini-Jake"; Kala acacia pocket; Mya-Moe Concert Tradition; Epiphone Les Paul; Martin C1K

Quote Originally Posted by GX9901 View Post
    Looking at that list of guitars and their values, if you just sell a couple of them, you can use the money toward ukes that most of us can only dream about. I'm sure you can sell the guitars pretty quickly elsewhere, buy a few sweet custom-level ukes, and post some pictures here for all to see!

Be sure to check out ukes from www.ukulelefriend.com. Shawn has some unreal stuff for sale.

I have actually sold a bunch of them already, and paid down some of those awful credit cards.

It's true that the simple way is to just list them on eBay, or wherever, and sell them off, but my hope was that maybe one of you guys would have a uke that you already KNOW is a great instrument, so I don't have to worry about "the luck of the draw", which can happen when ordering on-line.....as we all know, a dozen of the same make and model at a store will reveal a few that are dogs, for no explicable reason, a few that are "OK", a couple that are great, and one, (maybe!), that for some no readily apparent reason, just stands head and shoulders above all it's seemingly identical brothers. By trading or buying from one of you guys, I know in advance I'm getting a terrific instrument, a "proven commodity", if you will.

That's what happened when I bought Nik's G String, and Gary's Cordoba. I got two really fine instruments, already tested by two experienced and knowledgeable players who simply decided to sell off a couple great ukes for reasons of their own, not because the ukes weren't totally cool.

That's what I have to offer as well!

All of my guitars were carefully hand selected after playing , in some cases, MANY examples of the same model, in the hopes of finding the "best of the best", and anyone who gets one of my guitars can rest assured that when it arrives they will have the best of it's kind, without the days and sometimes months of shopping it took for me to find it!

So, while, yes, I could, and maybe still will, just sell a guitar elsewhere and then buy a uke somewhere else, like I did with the aforementioned members, I am still hoping I can find a quid pro quo situation here!

Make sense??

PS:LOOK BELOW......here's an example of what I mean....below is a Gibson SL2 Sonoma....a wonderful thin-line acoustic electric that I searched for months to find the best example of....check out the quilted maple on the back...look at the flame on the neck...if you look at these in stores, you'll see that one in a hundred, maybe a THOUSAND, have the woods that this example has! That's the kind of "shopping" I'll be saving the guy who winds up owning this one!

Last edited by NewbieUkie; 05-28-2008 at 04:25 AM.

Thread Information