Another Eleuke Question

mangorockfish

Reaction score
I am Jonesing for an Eleuke so bad that I can almost taste it.The thing is, I know absolutely nothing about them, so here is my question. How do you play one? Can you strum it like an accoustic uke, or do you finger pick it or use a pick? Help me understand the playing technique of one of these babys.

They play just like any other uke.
It's just that they make their sound through an amplifier rather than a sound body.

And you can add effects and distortion to it like an electric guitar. The techniques for that is self-explanatory for you to discover once you get one :)

personally, i don't like picks, but the day after i got my eleuke, i took it to my guitar-crazy uncle and he played it with a normal guitar pick and it sounded fine (with distortion ;)). since i've bought mine, i've done everything i do with my acoustic ukes (picking, stuming, etc), but i've been able to do it both silently (used it with headphones and mp3 input to do the weekly live lesson) and through an amp. it's a very versitile instrument and easier to lug around than my tenor. if you're thinking about getting one, i'd totally recommend it. i think everyone should have at least one electric uke in their arsenal.

if you decide to buy, consider mim's ukes. she is easy to work with and could give you a screaming deal! her website is http://www.mimsukes.com/. she's also a member hear and you can pm her with any questions you have about her stock and prices.

personally, i don't like picks, but the day after i got my eleuke, i took it to my guitar-crazy uncle and he played it with a normal guitar pick and it sounded fine (with distortion ;)). since i've bought mine, i've done everything i do with my acoustic ukes (picking, stuming, etc), but i've been able to do it both silently (used it with headphones and mp3 input to do the weekly live lesson) and through an amp. it's a very versitile instrument and easier to lug around than my tenor. if you're thinking about getting one, i'd totally recommend it. i think everyone should have at least one electric uke in their arsenal.

if you decide to buy, consider mim's ukes. she is easy to work with and could give you a screaming deal! her website is http://www.mimsukes.com/. she's also a member hear and you can pm her with any questions you have about her stock and prices.

Thanks to your thread about your new Eleuke, I've had a relapse of UAS. LOL It was totally under control until I read about your new uke. I NEVER thought I would even be interested in one of them. My two Mainlands have Misi pickups on them and I love them. I never cared for the looks of the Eleukes but as I started looking at them more, I do think they are cool looking and think they are what I want my next uke to be. Already talking with Mim.

I've got two ukes I can plug in. My Kala arch top can be feedback prone when the stage volume is high or I use distortion, but I've never had a feedback problem with the solid body on the eleuke. It's a great option to have. It's also great on the nights I have insomnia want to play without waking my wife.

I love my Eleuke! It's one of the ukes in my "permanent collection."

I've only played it out a couple of times because I don't want to change instruments during a set and IMO it's not quite as well-suited as my main acoustic/electric for most of the music we play. But I did enjoy tearing it up on stage with it. :D

Thanks to your thread about your new Eleuke, I've had a relapse of UAS. LOL It was totally under control until I read about your new uke. I NEVER thought I would even be interested in one of them. My two Mainlands have Misi pickups on them and I love them. I never cared for the looks of the Eleukes but as I started looking at them more, I do think they are cool looking and think they are what I want my next uke to be. Already talking with Mim.

haha, i feel like the devil tempting everyone into buying an eleuke :rofl:. from the first moment i played one, i knew i had to have one; things just worked out so that i could buy one a little faster than i thought i would. eleuke makes great instruments and you won't be dissapointed!

haha, i feel like the devil tempting everyone into buying an eleuke . from the first moment i played one, i knew i had to have one; things just worked out so that i could buy one a little faster than i thought i would. eleuke makes great instruments and you won't be dissapointed!
Keep on tempting my friend. In all seriousness though, I'm so glad that you are happy with your purchase.

Top Bottom