Iphone access to UU - "tapatalk"

eculuke

Reaction score
Moderators if you install the free plugin for vbulletin then we can use this iphone app to view UU. Please see this link.

http://www.tapatalk.com/

There are others that do this but this one is suppose to be highly rated and works with vbulletin

Luke

Odd -

I have no issues reading the site on my iPhone. It renders just fine and everything works great. I don't mind zooming though - so I suppose some people might prefer to get it out of Safari.

Odd -

I have no issues reading the site on my iPhone. It renders just fine and everything works great. I don't mind zooming though .

Works for me too.

I know this is back from the dead, but I'd like to ask for tapatalk access too. It's a cross platform app, so it works for my Nokia phone, which has a pretty crappy web browser, which crashes whenever I try to view UU.

That would be AWESOME!!! Having to zoom in & move around on the tiny pages otherwise is a PITA. Clicking the "next" button or "Whats New" is also a challenge sometimes.

We have some iphone wizards like Keef who clearly push the limits of the platform w/o such help that Tapatalk would provide, but for all the rest of us, it would just be one more way to make the forums more accessible everywhere.

Can you explain the benefits of it a bit more? I did a GIS and I can't really tell how it would work better...

tapatalk-forum-app-1103-1.jpg

I mean I get that if you are used to it, it would be great! But how many UU members use it? More feedback would be great on those that use it in order to understand :)

I use it all the time to view specific forums on my iPhone. I would certainly love to have it for UU as well. And its an optional addon so the people who still like to use the browser and zoom and click on stuff can still operate in that manner.

Evan

I use Tapatalk to participate on other forums through my iPhone. I find it much easier to view threads. I think you lose the ability to include videos and such but to just read and respond or even start posts, it is very simple and user friendly. The pages are loaded and fit to your screen. I have no issues going to UU through Safari on my iPhone, but why shift and enlarge to read when you don't have to. Plus, if it's free for UU to sign up, then what's the issue. I think it's a useful tool. Plus, it keeps all my forums in one tidy neat place. And it logs on to each site for me. I think it at least warrants a look see.

I use Tapatalk for other forums on my Vibrant but it crashes when I post... I still like it, though.

Oh I'm not opposed to it at all, I just figured a bit more information and feedback would be good :)

I've been checking tapatalk everyday to see if its on there yet, whats taking so long? :p

I tried tapatalk on another forum and i preferred the browser, but what really drove me batty was that if i wanted to use the browser i kept getting a javascript popup telling me i should be using tapatalk.
Dont know if thats default behavior but it was bloody annoying getting a popup window every pageload i tell you! :/

I use Tapatalk as well. Here is basically the advantages I find I like about it:
1. Much more intuitive to navigate (made specifically for mobile devices)
2. Keeps tabs on latest posts and any you have activities with
3. Posting and viewing media is much easier (you need to get the full version, the free is read only)
4. Better readability than going through your browser and multi-platform support for most popular smartphones (apart from Android and iPhone)

I'd love to get UU on tapatalk too...Please...

Bringing this back from the dead to request the Tapatalk plugin! I can even use it on my Palm WebOS phone - and nobody has those! I don't browse UU on my iPod Touch or my phone because of all the pinching and zooming - but I sure would if it were Tapatalk enabled!

Top Bottom