Telecaster/Ukulele build...

Thanks for the heads up on reranch. I'll take care. I loved the idea of the 2 brass barrel bridge, but figured I'd benefit from 4 saddles if I'm going to be switching from the low/high G.

That thing is going to be awesome when it's finished.

Thank you very much JBennett and Andrew,
I ordered the four string bridge unit from moongazer web. I might look into having some made with a slightly wider spacing for my tastes but this should give me plenty of fun playing with strings and compensations.

-Vinnie in Juneau

Really great build! If it was me I'd be content with the wood natural since it's already a nice colour and all. But best of luck finishing it!

I always wanted a Rickenbacker lookalike uke, thought that'd be cool. But the tele body looks ace, good work.

I bet you would have no problem selling it to Bruce Springsteen when it's finished. ; 0 )

Here is my design for the headstock decal. I'm going to try to screen print some this week.

TELELELEdecal200.jpg

Thanks. I did it using adobe illustrator on my mac. I traced the old Fender logo and made my own "B" based on the fender "F" and made the t's in the style of the fender "d". It took some time, but it's the only way to do it. It's such a beautiful logo (the original Fender spaghetti logo) and no font comes close since it was hand drawn back in the late 40's.

The model name was just pieced together in photoshop from a high rez scan of an old tele.

Any more progress photos? I can't wait to see how it comes together!

I'd buy one.

Printed some decals last night. They came out okay. Not perfect, but they are handmade, so... I'll experiment with clear-coats.

IMG_7075.jpg

IMG_7096.jpg

IMG_7079.jpg

IMG_7095.jpg

New decals. Sharper than the last batch for sure. This time with laserjet and gold marker.

IMG_7125.jpg

IMG_7126.jpg

IMG_7141.jpg

IMG_7138.jpg

So, "the neck's in the mail" says Jackdaniels.

He emailed me a few photos this morning. Very exciting!
[mine's the little guy]

100_1325.jpg

100_1326.jpg

100_1327.jpg

I received my neck from Joe! Looks great. Now I have to carve up a nut, and finish the back of the neck, oil the board...

IMG_7158.jpg

IMG_7160.jpg

IMG_7162.jpg

IMG_7163.jpg

This thing is going to be GORGEOUS! I get excited every time I see the thread come up.
I can't wait to see it finished.

On another note, would it be ok if I shot you a private message about your finish on the body?
A friend of mine has a blue Tele, just like the one this is based on, that's getting worn (REALLY worn!) and I told him about this project and that I may have a resource to refinish his.

Progress report. Here are some rough fitting photos of the uke. It sounds fantastic. In these photos the nut is not yet cut (I tested it with a capo) and the pickguard is not drilled/screwed in.

IMG_7370.jpg

IMG_7371.jpg

IMG_7367.jpg

IMG_7366.jpg

Body is sprayed with a first coat of primer...

IMG_7974.jpg

IMG_7973.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom