Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Telecaster/Ukulele build...

Default Telecaster/Ukulele build...

I'm building a telecaster/ukulele. Here are some pictures of my progress:
    Carved the body from a hunk of pine.

Last edited by JBennett; 05-17-2010 at 09:47 AM.

Rounded the edges with a router. Sanded it all down. I'm waiting on the neck. Someone else is building that for me.
    Wired the electronics, I'll need to do it again. The cavity is tight!

testing:

Last edited by JBennett; 05-17-2010 at 09:48 AM.

I'm going to be trying a telecaster pickup and a duo-sonic pickup, each with it's own pickguard...

And, here is what I hope the final product looks like.

Very cool! I'm having a mini les paul style body (semi-hollow), danelectro-shaped headstock, blue burst finish electric made for me. I don't have the wood-working skills to make one myself, but boy howdy do i admire those that can. Can't wait to see what this looks like all finished (my husband is a telecaster and gretsch fan)
    -Loch Tess Monster

Kala Tenor (KA-TE) custom pinstriping
    Celentano semi-hollowbody blue burst LP style electric
    Jupiter Creek Natural Tenor Teleukulele
    Kala Soprano (KA-S)
    Bruno & Son "The Vernon" Concert Banjolele
    Bugera v22 amp

That sounds really nice. Post a picture when it's all done. I only have the most basic skills, so I farmed out the tough part (the neck) and picked the simplest guitar design to take on. The boat paddle with a bolt on neck.

I'll post more photos as I complete steps.

Amazing! Can't wait to hear it.

When I saw that rough shaped body with the belt sander, I thought, uh oh, here we go. All I can say, that cleaned up real nice! Interested in seeing the finished product.

Very nice. The sonic blue will look good with the chrome and pickguard. What type of tuners are you using? Since you chose a tele neck pickup, you might check out the GFS dual blade humbuckers. You could add a three way switch to expand the tonal range of the instrument. I'd suggest an on/on/on switch.

Nice bridge too.

I'm going to try out the duo-sonic and tele neck pickups first. If the string spacing is off and I can't get an even response with separate magnet pickups, I'll try that GFS blade type. That could be just what I need. It depends how these two pickups I have work. Thanks for the suggestion.

As for the belt sander. Yeah, I was skeptical myself! We clamped it down to the bench and it did a great job. It's a pine body, so it's real soft and was easy to shape with a light touch.

Thread Information