Ukes, Ukes, and More Ukes... woot woot!!!!

Mim

Reaction score
;)

Gotta let yall in on my good news!!!

Mim's Ukes is expanding!!!

Eleukes...

Ohanas...

and...

now...

including...

Drumroll...

LANIKAIS!!!

Woot Woot!

So excited!!! I can barely stand myself!

So if ya need a Lanikai, let me know! I'll hook ya up!

I am ordering my initial stock, so recommendations welcome. What is your favorite?

I was already in Ukulele heaven... I did not know it could get any better than that!

The only thing I am not looking forward to...
Making more uke hangers! Time to go to home depot and get the drill and paint out!

congrats!! one of these days in the semi-near future, i'll be bugging you about lanikai 8 string. i'd say get mostly starter models but try to get a little range and have some of the "better" lanikais available, too.

I don't know what area you're in or what the other stores offer, if they offer ukes at all but my suggestion is to advertise yourself as a uke-haven (meaning that you are the most knowledgeable, most customer-orientated, and most affordable shop. With that business plan I would start with some of the good but basic models so that when people come in they can make the first drop and then you can trust in UAS for them to come back. Especially if you can get therm to a jam session. Also at the same time make sure that they always know that if they want a better end you can order it. Keep a catalog, offer free shipping or free lessons, basically make it so that they believe it is better to order through you than for themselves online. Lastly make personal contacts with dealers of the makes you don't sell. Get MGM's number and put it on speed dial. If a customer wants a make you don't sell, Say I don;t know but i can find out, and give MGM a call. this will improve customer experience and give you a contact should you ever have the desire to expand to other makes.

Neat!

I just posted about my new acoustic/electric Lanikai tenor. I think it's a great option at an affordable price for folks that are on the fence about the whole electric thing.

I don't know what area you're in or what the other stores offer, if they offer ukes at all but my suggestion is to advertise yourself as a uke-haven (meaning that you are the most knowledgeable, most customer-orientated, and most affordable shop. With that business plan I would start with some of the good but basic models so that when people come in they can make the first drop and then you can trust in UAS for them to come back.

I am 2 miles from Guitar Center. Guitar Center has ukes, but only about 6. So, yeah, I need people to know I am here. I am not "down the street" from them, you take a back road and 2 miles you are here. Which is cool.

Especially if you can get therm to a jam session. .

We do these once a month! They are a blast! I did them before I sold ukes.

Also at the same time make sure that they always know that if they want a better end you can order it. Keep a catalog, offer free shipping or free lessons, basically make it so that they believe it is better to order through you than for themselves online. Lastly make personal contacts with dealers of the makes you don't sell. Get MGM's number and put it on speed dial. If a customer wants a make you don't sell, Say I don;t know but i can find out, and give MGM a call. this will improve customer experience and give you a contact should you ever have the desire to expand to other makes.

I totally send people to where they can get the uke they want (since this was just a small part of my shop), so I have referred people to MGM and Sam Ash (they have a decent selection if you want to try them out locally). But yes, with Lanikais I hope to be able to offer the whole range! I just have to keep my personal UAS at bay... haha!

Thanks for the advice! Great stuff!

Top Bottom