Shimabukoro

haha man your avatars are getting more and more psychedelic everyday. i would love to see what you can do with a gif.

Haha....that is my "customitis" kicken' in again.. I have done a lot with animated gifs over the years....not much freedom with these avatars though. I went 80's style on this one..haha.

aww lame!! jake will be her eon the 4th but i don't get paid till the 8th. and i have work that day... bleh... this sucks.:(

i cant see him either...
grrrrrr......
i guess ill just have to make a trip up to SB or sumthin to go see him
ROAD TRIP!!!
hhahaa

Anyone know if Jakes' San Diego show this Feb. 7th at Anthology is sold out? Are tickets still available for the early show?

Anyone know if Jakes' San Diego show this Feb. 7th at Anthology is sold out? Are tickets still available for the early show?

call up anthology and ask them. i got my tickets last week. so hopefully, theyre not all sold out by now. worth a try.

Nevah been to Anthology but looks like a nice venue. I will be at Jake's Late show somewhere down in the Lower Booths? Not sure exactly where. But shoots, come by and say aloha. Been supporting and watching Jake perform since the early days. Seen him grow from a jumping young gun to a extremely polished musician. Was backstage with Jake, his manager Kaz, Matty B and Kazuka of Sony Japan at the 2006 NAMM show Acoustic Cafe Concert where he completely silenced and wowed the mostly non-ukulele crowd of executives. It was a real turning point for the respect of the ukulele.

I just recently finished the NAMM 2008 show and could easily say that I saw more guitar manufacturers jumping on the ukulele bandwagon that I have ever seen while attending this show. The ukulele is definately back on the map and I think Jake has alot to do with it. See you at the show, Keep the spirit alive, aloha.

Nevah been to Anthology but looks like a nice venue. I will be at Jake's Late show somewhere down in the Lower Booths? Not sure exactly where. But shoots, come by and say aloha. Been supporting and watching Jake perform since the early days. Seen him grow from a jumping young gun to a extremely polished musician. Was backstage with Jake, his manager Kaz, Matty B and Kazuka of Sony Japan at the 2006 NAMM show Acoustic Cafe Concert where he completely silenced and wowed the mostly non-ukulele crowd of executives. It was a real turning point for the respect of the ukulele.

I just recently finished the NAMM 2008 show and could easily say that I saw more guitar manufacturers jumping on the ukulele bandwagon that I have ever seen while attending this show. The ukulele is definately back on the map and I think Jake has alot to do with it. See you at the show, Keep the spirit alive, aloha.

Me and my lady are going to the earlier show...can't wait. Saw him at Belly Up last time he was in town, killer show, but too many people standing at stage..

You going to the uke jam at De Anza cove Feb 29 o' wha??

You going to the uke jam at De Anza cove Feb 29 o' wha??[/QUOTE]

Just recently was turned on to this board by a friend. Not sure what you are talking about. I may or may not be in town on the 29th. But if I am, will try to stop by and check it out. Is there a concert? More info?

You going to the uke jam at De Anza cove Feb 29 o' wha??

Just recently was turned on to this board by a friend. Not sure what you are talking about. I may or may not be in town on the 29th. But if I am, will try to stop by and check it out. Is there a concert? More info?[/QUOTE]

Yeh...go to the regions section and look for "San Diego Represent!!". In that thread, you will find a bunch of info, including a map to the jam....should be a good turnout...cruise down if you can make it for sure...

Well, I got lucky, and my number on the waiting list came up. So I got 2 tickets to Jake. Score baby. Man, finally gonna see him live. Anyone else in LA going to the Jake concert in Rolling Hills this Friday?

hey nuke, if you talk to jake, tell him about the site! and get a pic with him and post it!!!

take lots of video people and post it please, i wish i could go so im relying of my UU fam. to help me out haha

da' show

OK....a few things:

Jake = unreal talent, very nice person (got uke signed and spoke with him for a minute after the show....forgot my camera.....arghh...

The song "Dragon" was inspired by one of Jake's many heroes...Bruce Lee...Enter the 'Dragon" movie. In this song Jake also uses a technique he calls "finger tapping" which Jake was inspired to learn when he saw Eddy Van Halen do it...........hmm. Now I want to learn....sounds really nice..

Anthology = super duper nice place...only been open for abt. 8 months... with excellent service....3 stories tall, but very expensive (4 appetizers....some drinks came out to abt. $95...then tip of course..ha)

Met Nuker...cool dude...will see you at the jam bro..you go moderator..haha

Met another UU member....sorry drawing a blank on the name, but cool dude too.

I sat next to people at floor level that knew nothing about Jake or the uke....would have been even more fun to be surrounded by UU folks....

They asked me what Jake was all about and I said...."He is basically the Michael Jordan of the uke..."

Oh....those people now love Jake and the uke...haha...seriously..

Last but not least......do whatever you can to see Jake perform live...it will inspire you to play more and to improve faster...

Last edited:
Top Bottom