Thread: Radiohead on the uke

Default Radiohead on the uke

Amanda Palmer

Now she is free of her record label, Amanda Palmer is doing what any ambitious artist would do, given the opportunity to record any project whatsoever: she is releasing an EP of Radiohead covers. The Dresden Doll will interpret "simple" Radiohead tunes ... on her ukulele.

Although Palmer has been hinting at the record for a while, she finally confirmed the release in an email to fans this week. It didn't take much reading between the lines. "I'm going to unveil my NEW ALBUM PROJECT," she wrote, "which *might* be an EP, and it *might* be an EP of Radiohead songs, and I *might* be playing those Radiohead songs on a magical instrument like, oh, a little ukulele."
    That's alotta *mights*!

Awesome!! I bet it's gonna rock!!
    Your pal,
    ~Dustin~

Mookulele ~ Kala Travel Tenor "Kaleakani" ~ Mainland Slotted Mahogany "Paula" ~ Mainland Honeybee ~ 1960s Martin "Style 0" (family heirloom) ~ and a couple others...
    "Sometimes people try to stick labels on me, but I have kinda oily skin, so they just fall off."-SailorQwest
    "Without music, life would be a mistake." -Friedrich Nietzsche
    - Facebook - Twitter - Come SUB me, baby!!!

That is going to be awesome.
    Purple Makala Dolphin : Mahalo Camp Uke : Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple Porthos : Lanikai O8-E Honey : Mainland Red Cedar Soprano Panties : Ohana Sopranino Short Round : Islander Soprano : Mainland Mahogany Tenor Tank Jr : Kala KM-FMB : Makai PK-55 Inspiration : Vintage Blackstone Baritone : Bluegrass Cedar top Tenor : Zebrawood Fishuku

Cool, I'd like to hear it. A lot of Radiohead songs are very complex, I'll be curious to see what "simple" ones are selected.

Oh how I love Radiohead Now it makes me want to look up some tabs and grab my uke!
    www.mimsukes.com... facebook... twitter... Youtube: For Fun... Youtube: Business...
    You're an awesome maniac! -Mark Stay weird, Mim. -RichM
    ...perhaps your quality expectation looks different from me. -PK

Here's hoping she learns how to tune her uke first, then records the album. Crazy chick, her uke is always out of tune.
    My Ukes: Honu Deluxe Concert | Fender Nohea (electric) | Mele Concert | Stagg Concert (low G) | Tiki Flea Soprano | Poi-ple Fluke Concert | Hilo Baritone | Hilo Soprano (signed by Jake Shimabukuro, Julia Nunes, Lil' Rev, Jim Beloff, Tripping Lily, Victoria Vox and Brittni Paiva)

Apparently I am "Made of Awesome"

Thread Information