New From Toronto

allanr

Reaction score
Hi There!

My name is Allan and I'm a ukuholic.

I was introduced to the uke my my friends Bob & Sue, with whom I ride (scooters), and jam (I also play blues harp). I started with am older low-end uke that Bob & Sue lent me. It has been "decorated" with big red turtle stickers.

I decided I liked playing ukulele, so went out and bought myself a sweet little Kala Travel Uke in soprano size. A couple weeks later I saw a beautiful Gold Tone Banjo uke, and when Grant at 12th Fret in Toronto offered to put a low G on it, along with new Aquila strings, I bought it too. A couple of weeks ago my wife came out to our local uke jam and used the Turtle Uke. She trued the Kala and liked it much better. So... today I bought myself a lightly used Martin SO, and gave the Kala to my wife.

I have a feeling that it won't be long until I need to find the local 12 step program for UAS. :D

Hello and welcome to the UU.
I must say, an impressive display of UAS, but you DID say you are ukuholic.
Have a great time and see you around.

Welcome! We have several other members around here who hail from Toronto - you're in good company!

Yes! Welcome to the club. I'm out in Brampton. Do you know about Broadway Music in Orangeville? Apart from having over 40 ukes in stock they also have a Sunday Jam once a month. The next one is this coming Sunday. I assume you already know about the Corktown Jam in Toronto?

Welcome to UU! Enjoy! See you at Corktown sometime.

Welcome Allan!
I'm a little jealous. I was at the 12th Fret a few weeks ago and was eyeing that same Banjo Uke! I hope you're enjoying it!

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Rzr and Freddy, I was at Corktown tonight. Were either of you there? Heather, of Broadway Music in Orangeville was there tonight too.

Yes James, I AM enjoying the banjo uke. I totally love that baby.

Awesome! Welcome to UU!
I'm not from Toronto, but when I was out east in May I came to the Corktown jam and it was fantastic! I wonder if you were there the night I came...

Ukulele and blues harp. My kinda combination.
Welcome! I live about two hours' drive north of you, in Collingwood. A barren oasis for ukulele players, but loads of other musicians.
There is a weekly uke jam at the Dominion Pub on Queen St east in Toronto. Worth checking out: www.torontoukes.com if you're not already aware of it.

If you ever want an Ohana soprano zebrawood, mine's for sale - check the pics on my review page. I'm a tenor/baritone player and never even pick the soprano up any more.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

Rzr and Freddy, I was at Corktown tonight. Were either of you there? Heather, of Broadway Music in Orangeville was there tonight too.

Yes James, I AM enjoying the banjo uke. I totally love that baby.

I was there, but only for about 10 minutes at the very begining. I was picking up some stickers to bring to UWC. Hope you had fun!

I was the guy with the shiny head... oh wait, that doesn't help you much, does it ;-). Ok... I was the guy with a shiny head AND a banjo uke. Hope to see you all around in the weeks ahead.

I was the guy with the shiny head... oh wait, that doesn't help you much, does it ;-). Ok... I was the guy with a shiny head AND a banjo uke. Hope to see you all around in the weeks ahead.

I was there a couple of weeks ago and tried to play Walking on Sunshine. If you were there that night you know what I look like and I hope your ears have recovered.

Top Bottom