Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Elite XC - results

Default Elite XC - results

RESULTS BELOW!!!!!!!!!!

Rogers - Murphy TKO Rogers rnd1

No suprise here. Rogers has momentum but isn't ready for a title shot yet.

Baroni - Villasenor TKO - Villasenor rnd 1 - strikes

Yawn. Baroni needs to hang it up or fight in the league that Dan Severn fights in.

Carano - Young - TKO Carano end of 2nd rnd - cuts

Whoa! Probably the best striking I've seen in MMA in a while. Both were game! Young was ready to go at the end of the 2nd although I don't thnk it would have lasted much longer. Gina looked great for only 3 weeks of training.

Lawler - Smith - NC

Early stoppage. Smith should have been afforded the full 5 minutes before they asked if he could see. Hell of a fight!!! Both guys came to play. Shaw did the right thing paying them both though.

Kimbo - Thompson - TKO Kimbo 3rd rnd

Kimbo definitely needs to work on his BJJ if he wants any longevity in MMA. Thompson elbowed and punched Kimbo for 2 minutes with no real damage at the end of the 2nd. Kimbo could have easily shrimped out of there.

Thompson's ear - NASTY!!!!!!!! It was nasty before the fight and after the fight, oh man!!!

The commentary was ridiculous. Some of the comments were definitely geared to CBS' new-to-MMA crowd.
    Last edited by deach; 05-31-2008 at 06:30 PM.

ha deach this hasnt even started to air out on the west coast yet. now i dont need to watch anymore... More excited for the one tomorrow tho on WEC.
    Keep it Funky, keep it sweet. Keep it UKE.

I put RESULTS in the title just in case people didn't want to know them.

Gina's fight and Lawler's fight were good ones though. And watching Thompson ear get smashed adds a nice freak show touch even though you have to sit through 2 rounds of sloppy amateur fighting.

ha yeah i never really liked the way kimbo slice fought strong but more lesser technique than brock lesnar did a few ufc's ago, i'm sure he'll get caught if he fought one of the heavy weight BJJ people like minotoro nogueira
    Last edited by Ukulele_Junkie; 05-31-2008 at 07:04 PM.
    Keep it Funky, keep it sweet. Keep it UKE.

early stoppage in the kimbo fight.

thompson was clearly on the ropes, but not quite out yet...

WARNING!!!! GRAPHIC IMAGERY ATTACHED

Quote Originally Posted by elemenohpee View Post
    early stoppage in the kimbo fight.

thompson was clearly on the ropes, but not quite out yet...
    I totally agree but to be honest with you, I wasn't totally paying attention... I couldn't keep my eyes off of Thompson's ear. WTF!!!!! Damn thing was floppin' around like an octopus was trying to crawl into his head.

before...

...and, after:

Man! I wanted the Lawler-Smith match to go on. But it was still awesome, although it was a No-Contest in the wackest way. Lawler filipino right?

And Kimbo definitely needs to work on the ground. Many rookie moves but def has a lot to learn. Those heavy hands still seize to amaze me...

That Lawler fight was the ish...I thought Smith was out after the first round, and he came out fresh for the second. It was a shame that the fight was stopped. I'm looking forward for the rematch. If Smith kept up with the high and low, he would've gotten lawler I think. Lawler kept dropping his hands. It was only a matter of time til he got caught.

Carano, damn, my future baby momma is ruthless, although she did look gassed.

That was some nasty cauliflower from Thompson, you could see how it weighed his ear down. It must have been fresh, because I couldn't imagine him wanting to keep it. Probably didn't want to drain it before the fight so kimbo could target it and cost him a tko.

In the 2nd, may have been only me, but even though Thomspon wasn't doing any damage, he still had Kimbo. If it was anyone else, or if it wasn't a main event, I think the fight would've been stopped. Herb Dean would've called it.

My 2 cents. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by FunkyPeaNutZ View Post
    That was some nasty cauliflower from Thompson, you could see how it weighed his ear down. It must have been fresh, because I couldn't imagine him wanting to keep it. Probably didn't want to drain it before the fight so kimbo could target it and cost him a tko.

In the 2nd, may have been only me, but even though Thomspon wasn't doing any damage, he still had Kimbo. If it was anyone else, or if it wasn't a main event, I think the fight would've been stopped. Herb Dean would've called it.

My 2 cents. What do you guys think?
    that cauliflower had solid weight to it. it was gross how it was flopping around pre-explosion.

i'm not sure herb dean would've stopped it, but he definitely wouldn't have stood it up. scarfhold w/an arm trapped is a pretty dominant position. when the ref stood it up, i was like

lesnar would destroy kimbo.

Quote Originally Posted by elemenohpee View Post
    that cauliflower had solid weight to it. it was gross how it was flopping around pre-explosion.

i'm not sure herb dean would've stopped it, but he definitely wouldn't have stood it up. scarfhold w/an arm trapped is a pretty dominant position. when the ref stood it up, i was like

lesnar would destroy kimbo.
    Why didn't he drain that ear before the fight? He may as well have hung a sign on it reading "Hit me here". Why didn't Kimbo aim for that straight from round one?

Thompson had him trapped but his baby punches were ineffective. There was no way the fight should have been stopped then. If you saw Kimbo's fight with Rich Gannon, you know Kimbo can take some serious punishment. He was tired but definitely not hurt. If any decent HW had Kimbo down like than,it may have been a different story. Can imagine Vera raining down on him for 2 minutes?

Thread Information