My High school Ukulele orchestra

StevenMarr

Reaction score
Hi, My names Steven Marr. i’m from Timaru in New Zealand and recently entered a south island ukulele orchestra competition, we won the whole thing. it was brilliant at it was heaps of fun. we decided to start a ukulele orchestra after we saw the Wellington international ukulele orchestra last year. so anyway we all attend high school in timaru and we had to play an iconic new zealand song. we choose Apple Pie Bed by Lawrence Arabia. Heres the video. Feed Back would be great.

Very cool! Hope you plan on posting more video's...

How many groups were in the competition you won?

That was awesome! Excellent work all around :).

there were originally 12 entries but we turned up late and some people had pulled out so i don’t know the exact number but i think about 7 or 8

Great job!

Congratulation on your victory! You guys sounded great. I think it is wonderful that you have so many ukulele orchestras organized. I would love to be in one, but haven't found enough players to join me. I am jealous, but very happy that New Zealand has such a great ukulele community. Must be a great place to live.

–Lori
P.S. I like you're outfits. Nice attention to detail.

Congratulation on your victory! You guys sounded great. I think it is wonderful that you have so many ukulele orchestras organized. I would love to be in one, but haven't found enough players to join me. I am jealous, but very happy that New Zealand has such a great ukulele community. Must be a great place to live.

–Lori
P.S. I like you're outfits. Nice attention to detail.

cheers, its building into a very big thing here. do you remember in primary school when you would be forced to play the recorder? well in new zealand they have replaced that with playing the ukulele just recently so clearly its still growing.

Top Bottom