First video - Goodbye to You

khrome

UU+
Reaction score
This is my first vid evar. Yup, took me over a year. :) This is actually one of the first songs I covered when I started picking up the uke again. I plan to redo it later with my Pono, maybe - it has a warmer sound. I'm using my dad's Lahaina (Kala) in this one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAtQohAuj-o

I hope you like it! I'm very nervous about posting it. I'm a very private person, and an introvert to boot, so that is partly why it took me so long to post something. :) And please excuse my singing. I am not a singer AT ALL. lol

Well done, you should be very proud of yourself, your voice is to die for. If that's your first video, can't wait to hear more. Sub +1

Really great job! I liked your voice a lot.

I love that song, and you did a great job on it. (Are you a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan? That song is in one of my very favorite Buffy episodes, which is part of why hearing it makes me happy. :) )

Aww you guys are great - thank you for the encouragement. BTW, I noticed I goofed on the lyrics at the end. oops!

Well done, you should be very proud of yourself, your voice is to die for. If that's your first video, can't wait to hear more. Sub +1

Thanks for the sub UkuEroll! I subbed you as well. I got three other subs but I can't figure out how to look them up, otherwise I'd sub back. Is there a way to look them up?

Really great job! I liked your voice a lot.

Thanks to all of you for the singing compliments! I think the recording hides a lot of the flaws, like if you listen for it, my nose gets plugged up towards the end and I can't hit high notes. I always have to make sure I'm pumped up on allergy meds before I sing, and have had a cup of hot tea. lol I want to get to the point of uke playing where I don't have to sing. :)

Ditto. Voice and playing were great, but I was expecting this song.

Oh shoot I forgot about that song!!! I love it! I'm putting it on my list of songs to cover. It's a tad less depressing than the one I did. lol I'll put "Michelle Branch" in the title of mine - thanks for pointing that out. :)

I love that song, and you did a great job on it. (Are you a Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan? That song is in one of my very favorite Buffy episodes, which is part of why hearing it makes me happy. :) )

YES! That episode felt like someone twisted a knife in my gut. Loved it. It's one of my favorite Buffy eps. :) It seems like every 3 years, there's a good reason to sing it, just like the lyrics goes. haha

Last edited:
Ditto. Voice and playing were great, but I was expecting this song.

lol, me too. I guess that shows my age! But, I enjoyed this a lot. You have a really great voice, and I can't believe you think your singing sucks! That's especially good singing if you were trying not to wake anyone up.

lol, me too. I guess that shows my age! But, I enjoyed this a lot. You have a really great voice, and I can't believe you think your singing sucks! That's especially good singing if you were trying not to wake anyone up.

Thank you, Chris! I will stop complaining about my singing - I don't want it to seem like I"m fishing for compliments. But when all of you hear me sounding wonky in future vids, don't tell me I didn't warn ya! :)

I remember that song too. And uhh... I used to dance like her. :)

You shine just like chrome! Awesome first! :cool:

Top Bottom