PONO MB Baritone

Papa John

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
after my first practice session with our group, I am very pleased with my new Pono Baritone uke. It rings out very well in company with 2 big guitars...sharp and clear. So far, the only complaint lies with the operator and his fat fingertips.
Through a guitar players eyes, the construction and finish of this little gem is top notch...no flaws that I can see and I am picky.
To not have to learn any new chord shapes is a real plus and I will use it at our next gig.
I am happy with my purchase and I enjoy your forum. jb

Aloha John,
I'm glad to hear everything has work out well for you and you're
happy with your purchase. now, Enjoy the sweet sounds of the ukulele.
BTW- Keep stumming them strings....Ukuleles are for eva....MM Stan
Almost forgot, Welcome to UU!!!

a little follow up on my Pono baritone...I bought it from Musicguymic on ebay. He shipped it very fast, added a free humidifier, and an additional set of Aquila strings...A GREAT DEALER!!!!!!!I changed the strings to the Aquila set and the tone and volume seemed to increase and ring a little clearer. I would recomend them over the gold set. I have played 2 gigs now, including the ukulele...nothing fancy, just the usual Hawiaan songs hack guitar players would do... but our elderly audience loved it...Hula Love(remember that!), Tiny Bubbles/Pearly Shells(bookem Danno)Little Grass Shack/Hawiaan Love Song...my point is: it's a lot of fun...makes us smile...I'm getting a tenor next and learn some new chord shapes or at least , give some new names to familier chords...great fun!

Top Bottom