Anyone else tired of the Miley Cyrus BS?

I call her Smiley Virus - a name that suits in lots of ways I feel.

As for Lady Gaga, I really like her stuff. She's very catchy. I really envy people that can make others tap their feet, sing along, clap, whatever. She's a smart business person also. From stripper to multi-platform artist.

I was indifferent to Lady Gaga until two things happened:
1) I saw Faith No More, one of my favourite bands of like - EVER - cover 'Pokerface' at the download festival
2) I saw one of her pre-Gaga performances on youtube, and wow... behind the "my life is art now let me put a cadaver on stage" stuff she's actually a hugely talented musician. Look for Stefani Germanotta

I'm at work where youtube is blocked, so I can't link this post up as I normally would :(

I also like how you sidestep the classy "burlesque performer" and go straight for the juggular - "stripper!" :D

As for Lady Gaga, I really like her stuff. She's very catchy. I really envy people that can make others tap their feet, sing along, clap, whatever. She's a smart business person also. From stripper to multi-platform artist.

yepp, i realy like her songs and i think they realy are earworms(does this word exist in the english language?). an the best cover of a lady gaga song is imo still this song by miss zooey (afaik a member of UU)

edit: gnaaah: sry for the mistakes. i'm a little bit drunk^^

edit2: and no, i don't mean the costume ;)

Last edited:
I just don't like how she has sold out and is all about being so sexual and provocative in her music clips. It's so sad. There is no way I want my little girl growing up to look at girls like her and think that is cool and to try to be like her *sigh*

1) I saw Faith No More, one of my favourite bands of like - EVER - cover 'Pokerface' at the download festival
Faith No More is still around? The last thing I remember from them was the guitarist being in Bill and Teds Bogus Journey.

Station!

yepp, i realy like her songs...
I like Lady Gaga's acoustic stuff on piano, not really her dance track style stuff on the radio.
example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4XsoerBA4l0&feature=related

I just don't like how she has sold out and is all about being so sexual and provocative in her music clips. It's so sad. There is no way I want my little girl growing up to look at girls like her and think that is cool and to try to be like her *sigh*

Are you talking about Gaga or Sirus?

Every generation has its "bubblegum" (pop music) artists. To name a few: the Monkees (60s), David Cassidy (70s), Tiffany and Menudo (80s), Britney Spears and New Kids on the Block (90s), etc.

Miley Cyrus is just another link in that long chain of 'appeal to pre-teen youth' industry-created (pre-fabricated) artists.

note to farmerboy: That's funny! I love that moniker: Smiley Virus. You're right, it fits!! :)

note to Acoustic Monster: Beggin' your pardon, sir, but Billy Ray Cyrus had more than one hit in the country charts, so he's not a one-hit wonder. Check out his greatest hits collection for titles of his other number 1 and top ten hits. However his musical 'legacy' will always be linked to "Achey-Breaky Heart."

Faith No More is still around? The last thing I remember from them was the guitarist being in Bill and Teds Bogus Journey.

They got back together mid last year after 10 or 11 years apart. Mike Patton has been busy in that time though with Fantomas, Tomahawk, Mr Bungle, Peeping Tom and the amazing Mondo Cane. Youtube 'em, they've still got it :)

note to Acoustic Monster: Beggin' your pardon, sir, but Billy Ray Cyrus had more than one hit in the country charts, so he's not a one-hit wonder. Check out his greatest hits collection for titles of his other number 1 and top ten hits. However his musical 'legacy' will always be linked to "Achey-Breaky Heart."

No offence, but go out on the street and ask most people what songs he has done. I garrentee most normal, non-Billy fan, people will say "Achy Breaky Heart". You really answered your own question in your first paragraph. He was eye candy for the women back when he came out. In my opinion he is no better than his daughter.

He still is, according to my female colleagues he's not a bad looking buck for his age... though getting rid of the mullet can take years off a man

I'm not disputing his looks. :p I'm just tired of the "news" media shoving his spoiled daughter's antics down my throat. I guess we get a break though...it's all about the other spoil brat LiLo this week.

I'm just tired of the "news" media shoving his spoiled daughter's antics down my throat.

Well of course the "news" media are going to shove the various antics of assorted celebs down your throat. That's what they do.

It's like complaining about how they keep trying to sell you ice cream at Ben & Jerry's. :)

And in both cases, they do what they do because there's a large and profitable market for it. That's our fault, as a culture, and not theirs.

JJ

I couldn't even name one of Miley's songs..... Right next to Justin Bieber, they can fade away, very, very, far away

I'm gonna go against the grain on this one.
I think Miley Cyrus is okay. Like an earlier post said, she's just trying to make a buck. She's young, living the dream, and doin what she loves. We shouldn't hate on the musical success of others. You could flip the coin on that. You wouldn't want people hating on you if you made it right? It might not be our cup of tea, but no real reason for hate.

Also, yes to Christy Carlson Romano... she was the reason why I watched Even Stevens hahaha

Very catchy indeed, but if anybody has noticed, most reasons people like music is because it's catchy. Like you mentioned about Justin bieber's music. Catchy, Love songs.... it sells.

Just like any drug, it's catchy, you buy it, can't get enough, buy it some more... get used to it, normally don't get off it.

These singers, are drugs.

hahahahaha, bit dramatic, I must be a huge celebrity hater.

Top Bottom