Waverly Street Ukulele Review

Thanks for doing this. I actually talked to Dave (member - dave g) yesterday. Super nice guy and very helpful.

I'm lovin' on his work. It's a thin body but has great volume and tone. Notice in my video how it resonates at the end - it just keeps ringing. Dave makes a great ukulele!

So the neck AND body are thin...

How do you string it from the inside?

So the neck AND body are thin...

How do you string it from the inside?

Poke the strings through the bridge holes and push them in until you can fish them out thru the neck. Dave suggests tying the strings around a bead. When I change them for the first time, I'll probably use whatever he has in the ukulele right now.

Poke the strings through the bridge holes and push them in until you can fish them out thru the neck. Dave suggests tying the strings around a bead. When I change them for the first time, I'll probably use whatever he has in the ukulele right now.

Hmmm, Being a fat fingered clutz, I'd have to figure something out. Maybe some long forceps...

I must make note here that I made Adelle the Great drool. (see video notes)

I can die a happy man. :rolleyes:

I noticed that you cited the string through bridge design as a Con in your video. Actually, I used to think the same thing. But it won't take any longer to change the strings than on a tie style bridge. When I make my ukes with this design I drill the string holes through the bridge at a bit of an angle toward the soundhole. When you insert the string through the bridge if you just rotate it clockwise/twist it as you push it in more often than not the string will pop up near the sound hole and you can grab it very easily. This design also puts less stress on the bridge which should keep it from ever deciding to pop off for you.

Your soprano definatley has a "woody" or what I refer to as a boxy sound. Your uke sounds good and has tons of sustain.

I noticed that you cited the string through bridge design as a Con in your video. Actually, I used to think the same thing. But it won't take any longer to change the strings than on a tie style bridge. When I make my ukes with this design I drill the string holes through the bridge at a bit of an angle toward the soundhole. When you insert the string through the bridge if you just rotate it clockwise/twist it as you push it in more often than not the string will pop up near the sound hole and you can grab it very easily. This design also puts less stress on the bridge which should keep it from ever deciding to pop off for you.

Dominator, thanks! This is good to know. I should have tried restringing it before making a judgment call on it. Since I never had a bridge separate from the body I didn't see the point of doing this extra bit of work.

I'm a proud owner of this uke. I may have to buy another from Dave G someday. I keep hearing about a pineapple shaped design.....:)

Top Bottom