Serious Bushman opinions sought - no flames, please

bbycrts

Reaction score
Okay, I titled this "no flames, please" because the subject of my question is Bushman. Things have gotten heated a couple times when talking about Bushman the company, yet their website has a deal right now that is what I'm interested in at a very good price.

I know that Bushman ukes are quite nice - at the moment they are selling any size CedarTone uke for $199 on their website. That is very very tempting to me. Having played with a couple people's low-G tenors at UWC, it would be a very nice compliment to my reentrant sopranos. I like the wood combination a lot, and the Bushman instruments I've seen have been great.

So the reason I'm asking for advice: would I be making a mistake to order this directly from Bushman? Has anybody had recent dealings with them? Their web store says they have well over 200 available - I'm pretty skeptical of that. But if I order from them can I expect to actually receive the instrument? This would be a birthday present to me...

Thanks!

* Bleah - forgot there's a buying tips forum - mods, if you want to move this question there, please do!

Jon, i was impressed with the ones I played as well. Everyone deserves a second chance.

My experience tells me that Bushman ukes are fine in quality. Just don't buy from them directly. I've heard many untruths told from "them" personally.

My experience tells me that Bushman ukes are fine in quality. Just don't buy from them directly. I've heard many untruths told from "them" personally.

my only experience was while at UWC some folks told me I should go check out their resturaunt. I was thinking is that a good thing that a uke company is well known for their resturaunt.

At that price I'd be willing to give it a shot. I do believe in grace and forgiveness, you know.

OK... So Dan orders his uke 5 weeks ago and the excuse is "...the last 10 days or so have been crazy..." and problems with voicemail. And that is supposed to explain why his new uke is scheduled to ship tomorrow?

I admit that I don't know much (OK anything) about Bushman ukes, but I personally would never order from that company. Ever.

Top Bottom