Thread: New source for"French Polishing Cloth"

Default New source for"French Polishing Cloth"

Mrs Timbuck, just came back from Tesco's with a couple of extra large "T"shirts with the logo "ENGLAND" printed on the front..obviously made for the "World Football Cup" someone must have over-ordered co's they are going for 2 each (Charity shop Price) 100% cotton and Ideal for French Polish pads...I'm waiting until England are eliminated from the competition and I'll be able to get some at 50p or less ...I am "English" but not a Football fan..I'm into Cycling "Lance is my Hero"

Good one Ken. That's the spirit.
    Go Lance!
    One of these days I'll have to post a pic of how I manage to play my ukulele and ride my bike at the same time.

We used to use wincyette(you know, the stripey type) pajama cloth or good quality linen hankies... Not sure I'd use T shirt cotton...

Pajama cotton vs T-shirt cotton?
    We're getting pretty technical here.

Pajama cotton is a heavier weight cloth and that stuff I think also had linen in it which can be quite hard wearing. Fad's can wear out quickly if you are polishing 'abrasive' wood.

You folks are the experts, but I must say I prefer cotton t-shirt for polishing. Not the new ones, but worn and washed... I've used linen, but it seemed to wear out much faster - to everyone's surprise. With the cotton knit I have no expectations as to longevity, I just cut a new piece off every time I want to start something. And after so many washes they don't lint at all.
    Last edited by erich@muttcrew.net; 06-18-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Asda, Walmart or whatever you call it. Kiddies 100% cotton, 75p for a pack of 2. Burn the England shirts, not even worth using for French Polishing after a performance like that.

Bad news for the England T shirt material....It failed to produce good results..the material left lots of bits of fluff in the finish..So it will now be used in the workshop to clean down machines instead.

Thread Information