What's your favourite chord?

Chord-of-Wood.jpg

My favorite chord is the one that holds my pajama bottoms up.. No wait, my WIFE's favorite chord is the one that holds my pajama bottoms up. Mine is the Am7 version that doesn't hold my pajama bottoms up (look ma, no hands...)...

Well, D minor is the saddest of all keys.

I plan to write a trilogy of songs written in Dm.

No, but really, I love Dm, too. For nearly every instrument I've played, I've loved the sound of the Dm. For the uke, though, I can't choose between Dm and Eb.

As a Christian, it would have to be Gsus.

Nothing like a good Bm. :D

G. So many ways you can piss around with it and sound like you know what you're doing. :D

My favourite move with it is to put your little finger in the C-chord position so it rings a little just before changing to another chord, sound fantastic and lets the music flow a little, opens it up a bit.

I went to a uke meet and sat talking to a banjo player who was showing me ways to move around with the G chord - play both G and G7 at the same time, lifting your little finger up and then your index finger to make a nice little shuffle before a chord change.

Last edited:
Favorite chord voice

Aloha UU,
Seeing as there are so many different personalities and styles out there I thought it would be fun to find out what your favorite chords are. Right now mine is a two for one. The ol' Am7/C6 jobber.
g-0
c-9
e-8
a-7

I love the "Am add 9" 2002 downstrum, but I can't really explain why.

It might be because you get the Am chord first in a ascending order root, minor third, fifth and after this.. you get the added nine.

I also love the open G chord, because it has the solid root and fifth on the first strings and it ends with the major third.. but this one can easilly be changed to a sus2, minor, sus4 or even a powerchord... just love to play with this chord!!!

Very old thread, but nobody mentioned my current fave - 2133 A7#9 - on a low G - a little cliche maybe being "the Hendrix chord" but the coolest thing is you can lift any finger and it still sounds good

well, today at least, mine are CM7 - 0002 and a variation on the F chord - 10 0 8 0

Top Bottom