Creepy Lovesong (new uke original)

biscuit

Reaction score
So.... I may have said that I would spend more time working on songs before I presented them but this one just kept buzzing around in my head and I had to let it out before it drove med mad :lol:

A bit rough but pretend you don't notice ;)

That's good stuff. Nice songwriting skills and melody.

Thanks!

That's very nice. I know what you mean about having a song buzzing around in your head. I woke up the other morning with a partial song which I REALLY want to work on. However it is kind of sensitive subject-matter, and I doubt it would be a good thing if my wife heard it. It's about a potential relationship I missed out on a long long time ago with someone who was a dear friend. My wife has said more than once "I am surprised you didn't marry so-and-so. You would have had beautiful kids." I tell her yeah, but we never dated or anything, so it wasn't really an option. However, if I had made ONE little different decision at one point, it COULD have been. I've been very happy with how my life and marriage have turned out, mind you. But it's always been one of those "what if?" things... Well, I feel better having gotten that off my chest!

Thanks, Cletus :)

And thanks, Chris. You know...I'm a happily married woman myself but that song right there is not about my husband. ;-) I tried making it a bit obscure and if he should ask me I'll just say that the "me" person in that song isn't really me. I think you can write a song about what ever but you might not want to sing it to your wife if it ends up being really obvious. How about writing it from a female perspective? That ought to be a pretty good cover I think :D Good luck, mate ;)

Thanks, Cletus :)

And thanks, Chris. You know...I'm a happily married woman myself but that song right there is not about my husband. ;-) I tried making it a bit obscure and if he should ask me I'll just say that the "me" person in that song isn't really me. I think you can write a song about what ever but you might not want to sing it to your wife if it ends up being really obvious. How about writing it from a female perspective? That ought to be a pretty good cover I think :D Good luck, mate ;)

Those are good ideas. If I had ANY experience writing songs, it might be more believable to claim that the character in the song is just some character, not ME, lol. It works for OTHER songwriters. Well, I'll kick it around and see if I can get the little strands of lyrics pulled together into any sort of sense, and take it from there. I might just have to sit on the finished song for a few years, lol.

I quite liked the song and the lyrics – keep working at it. It is really helpful that we have platforms like where aspirant song writers and singers and come and share their talent with each other There is so such talent out there that they will need all, the help they can get to be noticed in this competitive industry At least we can be happy that we gave it a tryHope that everyone realizes their dream – there is place for all in this world

I think you should write whatever ideas come to your head and not be bothered whether it is to do with your real life situation We have to utilize on whatever we have and then polish it after all we can only start from our own life experience Almost everyone does that – there will be originality to it The suggestion to write the other way round also seems a good enough idea which I am sure won’t hurt anyone

Top Bottom