Middle Age Guy with a Ukulele!

We should probably start a club for those of us who are middle-aged, older'n dirt, old enough to die, or at least old enough to know better. I was 21 the other day, then I blinked and I'm almost 45.
I understand what Mailman says. I don't know ANY of the songs the younger people on here post about! (I like it, but I don't know what it is.) I go somewhere and play an old tin pan alley-era thing that I thought EVERYbody knew, but it's completely foreign to anyone who isn't old enough to have used a dime to make a phone call.

We should probably start a club for those of us who are middle-aged, older'n dirt, old enough to die, or at least old enough to know better. I was 21 the other day, then I blinked and I'm almost 45.
I understand what Mailman says. I don't know ANY of the songs the younger people on here post about! (I like it, but I don't know what it is.) I go somewhere and play an old tin pan alley-era thing that I thought EVERYbody knew, but it's completely foreign to anyone who isn't old enough to have used a dime to make a phone call.

Well, I teach at a University and there are some of the younger people who will know this stuff, but then I'm a historian so I tend to get those students who appreciate the past. It does go by quickly, we as long as we hold onto our dreams, it's never too late. Mike

Well, I love tin pan alley, and calls always cost me a quarter.

And music should be about letting people know you, which this song certainly does.

Great job :)

That's a very nice thing to say and I appreciate it. Mike

Man thats great ! I had to watch , when I read the title. Im one too. 49 , except I dont think Ill make another 49 ,, so what does that make me.
The youth ,shouldnt fear. I think you turned out pretty good. singing ,, chord progression and uke sounds great.
I will check out that circle of fifths , I just cant wrap my head around it.
If a old farts club is started , I want in.
Steve

I started a UU group a while back called "Grandpa Ukers"....

I'm actually going to try and teach my mom, who is 84, how to play. I already taught her a C chord but she is left handed so I have to reverse the nut and strings on my Mahalo so she can do it - but I am confident she can. Maybe she will do a video. Mike

Top Bottom