Looking to buy decent ukuleles wholesale

poopylungstuffing

Reaction score
My business is opening a little shop, and there is going to be part of the shop that is dedicated to humor my interests, and I would like to have some decent and affordable ukuleles to have in there for sale. Anyone know of a decent source where I can buy good playable ukuleles in bulk? I could probably pick up some of the cheap colorful Mahalos..there is only one store in my city that I know of that carries them...

Any advice would be helpful. Thanks.

Nice link..I like that one can buy just necks and fretboards....I will contact them to see if they have wholesale prices..since I currently have the advantage of having a little money to toss into the endeavor

a good suggestion would be to talk to someone who has had to go through what you're doing now. one good person who comes to mind would be mim. she just started selling ukes in her ice cream store recently and has had several threads about the new brands she keeps adding on (so far this year it's been eleuke and lanikai, but she also sells ohana). mim is on this site but if you go to her website http://www.mimsukes.com/, she has contact information for her there a well.

There is a distributor that has several brands available in the US. I'm PM'ing you with some info that might help. (I helped Mim get started)

Thanks for the feedback. I have ordered some ukes online that I do not plan on selling for very much turnaround, but at least I'll have a small inventory to display. I would also be interested in carrying cds of various ukulele artists in the shop...and could use some guidance there.
I sent an inquiry to the distributor mentioned above and hopefully will hear from him soon...I am also looking for stuff like art and t-shirts etc..for my section of the store..a lot of it, I plan on making myself if I can ever find the time....

you should contact the uke companies that you are interested in selling and become a distributer. some require to have storefront some just internet.

I have contacted Kala..I recieved a call-back and will directed towards their local representative..so I guess he will call me..I probably sounded like a spazz on the phone...The fact that my shop is not primarily a music shop is a mark against me as well....(sigh)

Los Angeles based Kala is a good start. I have not yet yet run into a bad Mitchell MU40, yet, although some tout poor quality on their other models. I've bought dozens of the Mitchell MU40's and so far they've all been players right out of the box. Good luck on your endeavors. Ric

Last edited:
This thread was eight years old, and then a spammer logged on and made it live again...

Funny to think of Mim as pre-Mim’s Ukes...

I just reported that post with the link to the clothing site as spam. We dont need that junk cluttering up our forum.

Nobody needs clothes, right?

If I was really bored and without shame, I'd start a web site called 'Butt Nekkid Ukes' and spam the fashionista forums with links to it.

Top Bottom