Timbucks NewTenor

Timbuck

Reaction score
Timbucks New Tenor

First one off the assembly line :cool:.. Now up for auction on E-bay.. But I don't think it will go out of the UK, what with all the New reg's and high postage costs.:mad:
PICT7364.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice!

Interesting compensated saddle. How did that work out for you? I would assume that locks you into re-entrant high G tuning? Pretty uke.

:)
Interesting compensated saddle. How did that work out for you? I would assume that locks you into re-entrant high G tuning? Pretty uke.

I only made two of these...They take me twice as long to make as sopranos do..and cost more in materials and consumables...The design was almost spot on first time, but there's always room for improvement..... If I make another I will make some slight adjustments to the internals...To be honest! I don't really like making them...To me Tenor ukes are more like a small guitar with 2 strings missing.......every time I hear a great soloist on a Tenor uke eg: James Hill and Jake Shimibukuro, I consider it as a bit of a novelty (like Larry Adler and the harmonica playing classical stuff)...(and why is it that these guy's never sing) and I always wonder if it would sound much better if they play'd the same thing on the guitar...but if they did? then the competition would be manifold........This Cabernet Sauvignon is quite good tonight, I wish you could all join me:drool:.

That is absolutely stunning! My next uke (after the one that I hope ships today) will be a tenor. Makes me want to fly over the big pond & get a Timbuck original! And as said later in the thread - its FANTABULOUS!)

:)

I only made two of these...They take me twice as long to make as sopranos do..and cost more in materials and consumables...The design was almost spot on first time, but there's always room for improvement..... If I make another I will make some slight adjustments to the internals...To be honest! I don't really like making them...To me Tenor ukes are more like a small guitar with 2 strings missing.......every time I hear a great soloist on a Tenor uke eg: James Hill and Jake Shimibukuro, I consider it as a bit of a novelty (like Larry Adler and the harmonica playing classical stuff)...(and why is it that these guy's never sing) and I always wonder if it would sound much better if they play'd the same thing on the guitar...but if they did? then the competition would be manifold........This Cabernet Sauvignon is quite good tonight, I wish you could all join me:drool:.

As a new Ukulelist (sp?) I have 2 sopranos and 2 concerts and have had reservations about a tenor for exact the same reasons you specified. However as a guitar os many years, the tenor is appealing plus can all these fantabulous tenor players be wrong? Guess there is only one way to find out.

Related to my prior question, does the compensated saddle really lock you into a high G tuning? or can you still get away with a low G? I would guess you were committed to high G.

Thanks and keep up the craft.

Top Bottom