UU dudes are coming to California! SF and SD

We're trying to set something up in Orange County. I emailed Shirley but no response yet. I'll try and give her a call tomorrow.
I emailed Shirley today also. I will speak with her tomorrow when I see her. She has been very busy with family stuff lately.

I might know a couple of places in SF more specifically the Mission District/Daly City and Inner Richmond areas. I'll talk to the owners to see if we can use those venues and if those dates will work.

Looking forward to your visit :rock:

Alright!!! Thats awesome you're coming to the bay area. I'm definitely gonna hit up da silvas. Its a cool vibe up there and i'm sure ur gonna rip up the stage. How many nights will you be in the bay? We Bay Area folks should set up a BBQ/Jam session during your stay. Let me know if thats possible. Hope to see you guys. Peace

Mission

I might know a couple of places in SF more specifically the Mission District/Daly City and Inner Richmond areas. I'll talk to the owners to see if we can use those venues and if those dates will work.

Hey Alden, maybe the Mission cultural center? I'm checking on one other spot. I'll chime back in when I learn more.

Last edited:

We'll probably only be in the bay area for the weekend and flying out to San Diego maybe Monday morning.

Hey guys

I definitely think you'd be at a miss to not come to Orange County. Island Bazaar is probably THE place for anything and everything Ukulele (as close as we can get for being on the mainland) in orange county. It's a big store, but they hold clinics and huge group lessons on certain tuesdays and thursdays every month. I'm sure you guys could be the surprise guest there and wow everyone...since you guys play some mean ukulele. It'd be a nice treat from the "ok tonight we're learning mary had a little lamb" (just kidding, the place is awesome)

it's not like a club gig or a music "venue" perse, but it's where you'd find the biggest gathering of Ukulele players.

there's a few other places in orange county that are quite easy to book a gig at (Hogue Barmichaels by the orange county airport being one of them) that is a club/venue type of feel and you could promote that show while playing at Island Bazaar. It's not a huge venue so you shouldn't have a problem filling it. I'll get as many mainland based Hawaiians I know to roll out and show some support.

if you guys don't feel like driving from San Fran, there's quite a few flights to Orange County (SNA-santa ana airport) from San fran or Oakland (Alaska air has cheap flights). the drive from Orange County to San Diego is an easy one, and I'm sure one of us from orange county could take you guys down.

PM me if you guys need anything

Ukulele Society of America Kanikapila in San Diego, 19JUL

Hah!:cool::rock:
U guyz can join the Ukulele Society of America for their weekly Kanikapila in North San Diego County. The meet each Thursday 1800-2100 (6PM-9PM). On the 19th and 26th of July they will be at the Ocean House restaurant in their grand ballroom and gazebo. Pat Enos and Bill Tapia are the Conductors. Bill is amazing for 100 years old! Bring da CDs and stuff. We have 50-75 people with ukuleles singing and playing each week. Group members come up and "Guest Conduct" songs and we have lots of hula dancers. You can actually hear yourself play!:D

First appearance booked.

Mike DaSilva's July 18th... night time.

Please if you live in the Bay area, come out to see us there at our first official mainland event!
NE odda venues planned fo da rest of da time you guys goin be hea (NorCal)? Goin try fo make um, but Friday aftanoon/evening drivin into da Bay Area is horras.

That's ok Danny. If we go I drive, but we gotta leave early.

This is our tentative schedule as of right now pending some gigs in certain cities.

July 18 - 20 - Bay Area
July 21 - 22 - San Diego
July 23 - Orange County

The days we are in each city may change according to new shows that are still being set up. If you have a venue that we can do a small performance at in those cities please let us know.

New Date added -

July 22 - Mo's Island Grindz - 6:30pm - San Diego

If you guys need a ride to/from Orange County, I'd be happy to play chauffeur for you guys. I know a few places here in Laguna Beach that might be very interested in a performance (The Royal Hawaiian and The Sandpiper). I'll look into it. But regardless, I'll be there in Huntington!

aww you guys are going to miss the roy sakuma ukulele festival

Im not sure what your Orange County schedule will be, but I found a great place for you guys to play here in Laguna: http://www.mozambiqueoc.com/entertainment.html

Read the column on the right hand side of the link (it's a little long, but describes their sound setup). They will also record the entire performance on a CD, as well as a one-song DVD, free of charge. It's a really great set-up that gets good weekday crowds. It's right on PCH here in Laguna and one block from Pearl Street beach.

If you guys are interested, here is the booking contact: booking@mozambiqueoc.com

Looking forward to seeing you all!

Gigs in LA

I might be able to hook you up with gigs in LA. Also, have you considered playing on 3rd st. in Santa Monica? Garans you'll sell some CDs. Each band member needs to get a 37 dollar license though, but its good all year round. Allow 3days for processing, and you need 2 pasport size photos. Plus I'll let you use my PA system and battery set up and I can give you a ride (if I can borrow my girlfriends car). PM me if you're interested. I'll have to talk it over with my girlfriend, but I've got a spare room and couch you guys could crash on while in LA.

L & L s barbeque

my auntie owns two of these in san diego and im sure she would love to hold a jam or concert and promote adrines cd. and im sure people of the sd represent could get many many people to go.

my auntie owns two of these in san diego and im sure she would love to hold a jam or concert and promote adrines cd. and im sure people of the sd represent could get many many people to go.

Hey dude, if you can help us set something up Monday during the day on the 21st or 22nd that would be awesome.

Top Bottom