KPK givaway Deadline July 31st

Val~
First and foremost what a kind gift and heart you have. I myself have a kala ka-s which in Feb of this year I bought to see if I would like the ukulele. Immediately I fell in love with it. I thought I needed another ukulele so I started to enter the many contests to see if I could win one. I so far haven't been so lucky but by entering these contests I have definitely improved. It is my hopes some day to get my daughter which is almost 20 months now interested in the ukulele. She already sits in amazement as I play it and even dances as well as occasionally gets a hold of it to sit there and pluck the strings. So hope fully I will be able to recieve your most generous gift of this ukulele so I can spread the love of it with her. I would love to go out and buy a more expensive and better model than I have but right now being a Stay At Home Dad with twins on the way my wife wouldn't appreciate me spending the money. So hopefully I will get this most generous thoughtful gift but if not I will still try to win another ukulele and maybe some more for the twins when they arrive! Thanks for being such a large part of this great community!
Ken
http://www.youtube.com/user/ukuglass

Check out the progress I made so far on my youtube channel!

I have some nice ukes, so no reason to give this to me, but many thanks for spreading the weatlh to someone who will be totally thrilled to receive this fine uke!!!

You are a good one!!!

Thank you Valerie for the uke giveaway! I would like to have this uke to give to my daughters. My youngest is 7 and she is the reason that I play. She begged me for a uke after seeing her aunt playing one when we went on vacation. I bought her the cheapest one I could, she is only 7 after all. When it came in the mail I thought "Duh! How can I teach her how to play if I don't know how?". That's where it all started and now I love, love, love it! She only plays occasionally and lays her new dolphin uke that I got her on her lap to play (she refuses to hold it properly) so now I say okay...just play. She actually plucks out some really nice tunes this way. My older daughter (17) is becoming more interested in the uke now and I would so like her to have a nice one to inspire her to play more. Hopefully this will keep us connected when she goes away to college.

Please pic me <3

For the past few months I’ve been looking into getting a new ukulele, I currently play a bright green Makala soprano. I love my ukulele but it doesn’t sound that great. It was given to me as a gift one Christmas and I’ve been playing it ever since. This is the first time I’ve entered one of these contests. I have always wanted to win a ukulele on this site but most of the contests involve sending a video of you playing you ukulele. I’ve always been embarrassed to play my ukulele on video because it looks very tacky. I don’t play for people that much either. If I had that beautiful Koa Pili Koko Ukulele i would finally be able to come out of my ukulele closet and play for everyone. The authentic look of that ukulele is exactly what i want. Please consider me to win this beautiful instrument.

Valerie, I recently attended my first ukulele workshop and have been hooked ever since!
I have made a cigar box ukulele which is better than nothing, but is not a 'real' instrument on which to learn the basics and advanced actions required to become a good and proficient uke player.
I have been searching the net looking for chords and tabs for songs I know and have opened my eyes (and ears) to music I have never known, but now love to listen to and try to play.

The ukulele and the concept of learning as much as I can has become all consuming and it would be a pleasure to play the ukulele you offer into the future, keeping you up to date on my personal progress and advancements. I think I am worthy as I am absolutly 'keen as mustard' on strumming the right notes and become a ukulele player! :)

Hi Valerie,
Wow what a great contest and you are indeed a very generous person who truely loves to spread the happiness of the uke!!!
I am entering on behalf of my nephew who is 11 years old. While I was on vacation in Hawaii with my wife and Mother-in-law, my mother-in-law wanted to bring back some Hawaiian presents to her granchildren. I had just started playing the uke and bought one for myself, and she then decided to buy a uke for her granson. She did not have a lot of money to spend and bought one of those tourist ukes. Of course, I tried to steer her away and on to a better uke, but she did not have a lot of extra spending money, so she bught it.
When her grandson got the uke I have quite never seen a little boy so happy it was truely incredible! Well I started to teach him how to play and tune the uke, but of course, that uke is just about impossible to tune and keep in tune. However, my nephew was determined to learn and play a song for his Grandmother. Of course, as we all know, he is hooked on the uke, but his uke is no good and getting a better (much better uke) he will continue to play and get better.
I hope that you will consider him in making your decision, because when he plays and eventhough the uke sounds terrible, it makes EVERYONE happy!!!

Last edited:
Aloha Valerie!!!
What an awesome contest. Me...I need a nice uke REAL BAD. I only have a beater uke (Makala) it is a pretty good uke but I would love to get a better one, but I am out of work, very little money to spend. Also, playing my uke helps to relieve the stress and sadness of not working at the moment. It brings a joyness and happiness. Please help a fellow uker!!!!

Mahalo!!

I'd love such a beautiful uke! All I have in the way of such things is an electric uke that I patched together myself. Not bad, but I'd really like a good acoustic one.

Sign me up!

PJB

How wonderful of you to give this away!

I have four children. Sarah (age 7) and Grace (age 5) are just starting out and enjoying the ukulele very much. We are using James Hill's book. The oldest two have Lanikai Sopranos, but the time will come when we will run out of ukuleles. It would be wonderful if there were a beautiful ukulele awaiting Sarah in a year or two when Elizabeth (currently age 3) would be ready to start, so that each girl could move up a uke. Then, in the further future, John (age 1 currently) will need a ukulele.

The gift would be treasured, and would help our dream of the family ukulele band come true.

I hope that your generosity bears much fruit, and that whoever gets it has much joy of it.

im going to be honest and say that i do want this ukulele, but i dont deserve it :) i already have a kala pinapple soprano, and it works very well for the amount that i play. i wish you luck in deciding the recipient, there are some good entries :)

Hi Valerie,
OMG, OMG, OMG....I only have (HAD) a Makala uke and somebody in my family ( I am not naming names!!!) was playing it and when done, sat the uke on the chair and walked away!! Then the same person came back to the SAME chair did not see or remember the uke that they put on the chair was there and ....SAT ON MY UKE AND IT BROKE!!! :( :mad: :( :mad:
I don't have extra money to spend (yet) and I can't be mad and make my family member pay for another one, he did not do it on purpose either and he is really bumed out about it.
Besides I just started to play the uke in April!!!! Now I have nothing!!! Oh the pain!
Please help me if you can, you will be the Queen forever!!!!

Thanks

I'll throw in a bag of Purina stuffed whale krill. :)

krill_qjpreviewth.jpg

Listen to the little white stuffed whale.

Last edited:
So, I thought about entering and I'm not sure I made it in time, but guess I fit the criteria. I may list the 'ukuleles I have on my signature, but I only happen to own a baritone, which is much different than playing a standard tuning 'ukulele. The Lanikai Flamed Maple tenor isn't mine, and I will have to return it. The Pineapple I had I gave away to my friend Danny so he could start playing. Other than that I have no other 'ukulele at my disposal.

I love playing 'ukulele. I picked it up so I could bring people together through song :] (as corny as that sounds, it is true). I actually teach 'ukulele down at our local music shop. It's kind of embarassing having to grab an 'ukulele off the wall to play, instead of bringing my own. I don't have the money to afford an 'ukulele at the moment. If I don't win, it won't really matter because that means someone more deserving won it, and I congratulate anyone who wins.

Please consider me to win! I contribute here on the forums too via tabbing and advice.

Aloha. My name is Christian, I am from the mainland. I am really starting to get into playing the uke. I just found this and ukulele underground sight yesterday, and I've been glued to my computer evah since. I only, know a little about this topic, but I'm learning.

Currently, I'm using a Hilo brand (soprano maybe?) uke, and it works alright, but I can tell that the ukulele pictured is a much higher quality than mine. The neck of the one pictured looks longer than mine, and thats exactly what I wish I had. Also, the case and materials look better. I bought mine for $50, which was a lot for me initially, but now I've got the bug and wish I dished out a little more (if I had it, lol).

I just found out about this contest, so I'm trying to beat the buzzer. I would love to have a uke like that. So... Pleeeeaaaassseee pick me. :D

First let me say thank you to all who took the time to enter. I wish I had enough ukulele's handy to give one to everyone who entered- but, sadly, I do not.

I have been reading through the submission since they started coming in and had a hard time trying to pick just one person as the winner. So, being incredibly indecisive- I wrote down everyone's name who entered and either did not have a ukulele or their current uke was on the lower end of the playability spectrum. Then I put the names in a bowl and let chance pick a winner.

The winner has been notified via PM and when they reply, I'll announce them here.

And the winner of the drawing:

Lexxy!
Here is her winning entry:
Hi there Valerie,

I have been playing my little Mahalo for right about a month or so now, and i find that it is nothing more than just a toy. (Reviews have proven this bitter fact )
As an international student, i do not have much cash to splash around other things but studies and daily basic needs.
My interest in ukes have brought me travelling around Melbourne city, to find a proper Uke that i can afford, but alot of them are way out of my budget.

Abit about my studies:
Foundation in Property Construction and management in RMIT, studying to be a property valuer (Dad pressed hard on this course)
Doing well so far, nothing too tough. (Yes the workload is relatively less, compared to where i was born,[Malaysia] )

In my free time:
I play squash as both a sport, and a passion. I've been playing for right about 3 years now.
I play the ukulele quite often as well, but the sound produced from the Mahalo sometimes discourages me to play, leaving it down for days.

Valerie, you have got to be one of the most generous people anyone has ever met(I think fellow UUers would back this up), giving away the KPK to any of new ukulele players, possibly to encourage them to play more and enter deeper in the ukulele world, as well as excel in the world of ukuleles.
Getting this would be a real boost for me, (i promise i would post vids next time :p) and I'd be really grateful if I really do get it. (I'd pay the shipping fee for sure)
In any decision you make, may the winner be blessed with Valerie's kind heart.

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy it.

~Valerie

Last edited:
Alright Lexxy! Congrats!

Top Bottom