KPK givaway Deadline July 31st

Congrats Lexxy, looks like a great win!

Val,
Since I live where no ukes can be found (in Israel) but my cheapo, would you recommend I get one on these Koa Pili Koko? A concert could be had on ebay for 200$ including shipment.
It seems as good a deal as I can ever get on a solid wood uke. Since I am going to be buying unseen, I'd appreciate any unbiased experienced opinion I can have.

There are some quality issues with the KPK line- and therefore I would be hesitant to buy one on Ebay. If you do, make sure it comes with a warranty (a quick look at Ebay seems to show that none of the ones up currently have manufacturer warranties). If no warranty, I'd look into getting an instrument with a solid top and laminate back and sides which can be easily had for around $200 dollars. Or look into getting a fluke or a flea ukulele (as they are just about unbreakable and have an incredible sound for the money spent.) Link Don't let the molded plastic or the plywood fool you- these are just about the best ukes you can get in the 200 dollar range. Spot on intonation, nice low (but not too low) action and great projection.

You could also search for

Thanks, I will wait on this one.
I have seen some interesting choices of Ohana, Mainlan, Laka and Kala. I will ask for specific advice from the forum when I zoom on more specific and limited selection.
This was an awesome contest, you have demonstrated your generosity, I am sure Lexxy will enjoy this instrument.

Congrats Lexxxy! Also, thanks so much for the contest Valerie.

I have already have some ukulele scavenging projects underway to build me a new one with the tone and design I want. While in the process of procuring parts from broken ukes and guitars, scrap wood frome Lowes, bulk auction parts, bulk cigar boxes, I think may end up building an orchestra by the time I am finished. I even have a girly travel ukulele design in mind for the cigar boxes with detachable purse handle, oriental brush painting. I may design a nerd one for the son with spare computer fiber optics parts and origami transformable parts. I am going to make a contest here for one of the bride of frankenstein scavenged ukes or cigar art ukes by the end of the year, I hope. Sell off the rest to pay bills and buy more materials to make more ukes.

Congrats Lexxy.....
Nice contest Valerie!!! Congrats Lexxxy!!!
Thanks again :3
Congrats Lexxxy! Also, thanks so much for the contest Valerie.

I have already have some ukulele scavenging projects underway to build me a new one with the tone and design I want. While in the process of procuring parts from broken ukes and guitars, scrap wood frome Lowes, bulk auction parts, bulk cigar boxes, I think may end up building an orchestra by the time I am finished. I even have a girly travel ukulele design in mind for the cigar boxes with detachable purse handle, oriental brush painting. I may design a nerd one for the son with spare computer fiber optics parts and origami transformable parts. I am going to make a contest here for one of the bride of frankenstein scavenged ukes or cigar art ukes by the end of the year, I hope. Sell off the rest to pay bills and buy more materials to make more ukes.

Thanks! How is it going to look like?

Top Bottom