Not sure where to put this...

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Throughout my videos Bye and Bye/Going To See The King plays in the background. I have downloaded PowerTab and after a struggle trying to work out why it wouldn't transcribe into notation the re-entrant tuning I have managed to transcribe from memory the tune. It really is notated very badly since the tune is played 'rurally', ie: not in strict time.... If you want a copy of the tabs please email me and I'll send you the pdf. If you are reading this Dom, perhaps you could grab the file and clean up my poor musical notation - I build ukes, I'm not a musician with any formal training.

Pete, if you send me the file I will take a look at it and see what I can do.

I know exactly what you mean about the timing thing. That is what gives me fits about trying to tab out many of Jake's and Aldrine's and other players tunes. Ends up sounding very robotic via the midi because it lacks that human element.

Dominator has come to the rescue and tabbed it out near perfect so it's ready to go folks!

I couldnt' find it. I want that tab... gimme... gimme...

Pete, thanks so much for doing this, I love the tune on your vids!

And to Dominator, I haven't had a chance to see if its up for download, but thanks for working on it and distributing as well!

Says pm me... not sure if Dom is putting this up on his site and mine doesn't have a section for tabs yet.

Anyway if you struggle here is an image of it:

ByeBye.jpg

I'm sure you will agree, he has done a bang-up job of it! I'm tickled pink. Dom also suggested another tune I often play on my vids so watch this space.

Patiently awaiting the instructional video that goes with this...
(mine doesn't sound quite like yours! but that's me, not you)

Thanks to both of you.

Pete,
Actually, for some reason the thought never occurred to me to post it on my site but I see no reason why we shouldn't. Maybe you could do a short simple video of you performing it that I could link to from my site (when and if you have time of course).

Pete,
Actually, for some reason the thought never occurred to me to post it on my site but I see no reason why we shouldn't. Maybe you could do a short simple video of you performing it that I could link to from my site (when and if you have time of course).

Yes, respectfully this time, the more I attempt to play it, the more I wish to hear it all the way through just once.
Thanks,
Matt

Top Bottom