Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lanikai vs Kala?

a vendor told me what i suspected before i made a final choice on my first uke purchase: lanikai and kala ukes are made in the same factory in china.

how right he was i don't know. but when i narrowed it down to two final models by lanikai and kala, every picture i saw showed that the two were identical save the headstock and bridge which some worker can just attach last minute before the silk-screening of the logos & inside stickers.

quality control with both is generally good, but you will always get a crummy one from time to time.

i went with the lanikai spruce top tenor. right out of the box, i've enjoyed it.

i'd say play them in a store & go with the one that has the better value. by that i mean $200 with one will get you a uke, case, free set-up, and chord book. the other will get you all that for $200 and a digital clip-on tuner. i'd go with that last one!

good luck on your quest!

"God wen get so plenny love an aloha fo da peopo inside da world, dat he wen send me, his one an ony Boy, so dat everybody dat trus me no get cut off from God, but get da real kine life dat stay to da max foeva... Whoeva stay trus me, God no goin punish dem. But whoeva no trus me, garans God goin punish dem, cuz dey neva trus me, God's ony Boy."
    - John Tell Bout Jesus (John) 3:16, 18

Smile Mgm?

Quote Originally Posted by molokinirum View Post
    If you are looking for a Makala.....see MGM. I got my Makala Concert from MGM and he put on aquila strings and set it up for $60. It looks great and plays great. A great buy in that price range.
    Howdy, I was just wondering who MGM is? I'd be interested in ordering a uke from him...
    Thanks!

Thread Information