Antoniotsai Ukulele

lovemissheather

Reaction score
So I won a bidding this morning for a brand new beautifully inlayed Ukulele made by Antoniotsai. I did research via eBay and saw many good remarks about good craftsmanship, etc... so i went through with my bidding and of course, won the instrument.

However, now after looking more into it I see that Antoniotsai instruments have had pretty much a 50/50 in reviews. half good, half bad. Usually in regards to the craftsmanship of the instruments themselves.. not their inlays.

Anyway, the main point is. I bought one of these, and have not heard anything in regards to their Ukulele's. I believe that maybe making Uke's are a new ground for the company... either that, or maybe the feedback just... hmm. I'm not really sure.

I'm a little nervous about receiving this instrument in the next coming weeks. Excited, still, as it is definitely a beauty. But I hope that it is good quality.

In all fairness, I won the bid for $41 dollars when most of his instruments are going from $500 to $2,000 dollars. So it's not like I'd be completely ripped off.

Has anyone here heard anything about Antoniotsai's instruments? Good or bad? And better yet, what about their Ukulele's?

I will defnitely update you all after I receive the instrument in the next coming weeks. And, of course, play it via webcam on my youtube account. That way, we'll know how the sound quality is as well.

Thanks guys! I always appreciate your help and your feedback :)

Here's a tenor by Antoniotsai - beautiful inlay. Purely aesthetic, I wonder how it sounds and feels. From the info available, they're made in either Taiwan or Vietnam ...

1211537489555_DSC_0089.JPG

I was the guinea pig on this one.
I won a beautiful one but as far as sound quality....it doesn't hold up. So it's just hung up on my wall for art.
It's too good to be true.

Did you already pay?

Im not proponent of winning an ebay auction and not paying. But it seems like in this case maybe you should think about it if you havent already paid. I think I would take my chances with a Mahalo or a Makala instead. I hate getting ripped off, and maybe you will end up with a good instrument, but...gosh...it sure sounds risky.

Maybe offer to pay a relisting fee so he's not out a few bucks.
How much was shipping? $90?

shipping is like $80. so totalling about 120.

i wonder what i could do to fix it up myself (if anything) for better sound quality. ahhh man, i'm nervous.

bummer, i guess it might be a nice collectors item because if the inlay work... but. man.

all in all it was still pretty cheap.

i play a cordoba right now, 300 dollars through musicians friend.
its BEAUTIFUL sounding. it's my number one any way.

maybe i'll be the third to check it out.
like i said, its 50 50
i make a lot of money, so 120 bucks isnt a lot to risk.

hmmm
we'll see.

NOOO! Danget, I just bid on one yesterday before I read this thread... I always check ebay before I come to ukulele underground and I noticed that no one had bid on one of them so I bid $1 and I'm the top bidder. Hopefully someone will outbid me...

Yeah, it sounds sweet especially with that style of playing. Now that it sounds great, here's hoping it doesn't start cracking up, because now that would be a real shame. Oh, and a shout out to fellow girl with ink! :rock:

So here is what you should do.. just play the s** out of it over the next couple weeks. That way, if it does fall apart, you will have gotten your monies worth out of it. it would be like renting a uke to play for a while, except now you get to keep the remnants to show when you tell the story of the "disposable uke". (wait a minute..."disposable uke".....I might be on to something here.....forget I mentioned that......)

Make sure you have a humidifier! It gets pretty dry up there in the mountains, right?
My antoniotsai doesn't sound as good as yours does. I have Aquila Nylguts on mine, maybe I'll check out some J71's. And you're right: the strings that came with it were terrible!
What strings did you put on?

Make sure you have a humidifier! It gets pretty dry up there in the mountains, right?
My antoniotsai doesn't sound as good as yours does. I have Aquila Nylguts on mine, maybe I'll check out some J71's. And you're right: the strings that came with it were terrible!
What strings did you put on?

i do have a humidifier (bought a new one SPECIFICALLY for this instrument, becuase of what ive heard!). As for strings, I replaced mine with Martins.

I just moved to Sacramento from Tahoe (yeah, still dry), and went to look around for some new strings. All I could find was Martin Soprano strings. They fit... and they sound fine :)

yay!

Hopefully it doesn't fall apart, though.
How is the body of yours holding up??

My buddy is borrowing it in Sacramento right now actually (Roseville to be exact), but as far as I know all is well.
I don't know of any guitar shops in the area (i'm sure they are there but don't know if they carry uke strings) except for shitar center. So those martins may be the only ones around unless you buy online or I can pick some other kinds up and get them to you next time I visit sacramento, which should be pretty soon.

Top Bottom