Song Help Request Till There Was You - the Beatles

mongreletf

Reaction score
HELP! I have figured out the chords, but I there's a solo which I'd like to learn... Help?

C Gdim
There were bells on the hill
Dm Fm
But I never heard them ringing
C Em Ebm Dm
No I never heard them at all
G7 C Dm G7
Till there was you
C Gdim
There were birds in the sky
Dm Fm
But I never saw them winging
C Em Ebm Dm
No I never saw them at all
G7 C – F – C
Till there was you
F Fm C
Then there was music and there were wonderful roses
A7 Dm D7 G7 G+
They tell me in sweet fragrant meadows of dawn and dew
C Gdim
There was love all around
Dm Fm
But I never heard it singing
C Em Ebm Dm
No I never heard it at all
G7 C Dm C
Till there was you

Here you go! :p

I made a tab for low G tuning, but not based on the Beatles arrangement. It might help you find some of the notes though. You can find it on my mobile me public folder under "uke tabs" as a PDF. It is in the key you are looking for. https://public.me.com/apthorp

–Lori

Wow, Seeso, that's great! It certainly sounds better than the version in C I was trying to copy from a youtube video. Now the only problem is that I had already learned the strumming part in C and played it a few hundred times. Time to do some rewiring!!!

Thanks again!

Wow, Seeso, that's great! It certainly sounds better than the version in C I was trying to copy from a youtube video. Now the only problem is that I had already learned the strumming part in C and played it a few hundred times. Time to do some rewiring!!!

Thanks again!

You're welcome! I'm glad you like it. After you've had a chance to mess around with it, let me know if it works.

I'll have to give this a whack. The song is simple enough to play the lead over the chords if my guess is right.

Let us know how it turns out, or better yet - upload a video!

Let us know how it turns out, or better yet - upload a video!

So far, so good. I did alter the Gb-diminished chord from 2323 to 2023 (and 2020), swapped the F9 for an F7 (the 9th just didn't seem to really stick out IMO), and got rid of the Abm (it didn't sound too different with it to me). But you can definitely play the melody over the chords. Sounds great doing it slow. I'll try and do a cover of it and upload soon.

So far, so good. I did alter the Gb-diminished chord from 2323 to 2023 (and 2020), swapped the F9 for an F7 (the 9th just didn't seem to really stick out IMO), and got rid of the Abm (it didn't sound too different with it to me). But you can definitely play the melody over the chords. Sounds great doing it slow. I'll try and do a cover of it and upload soon.

Excellent! I should have tried this out last night. I forgot.

Top Bottom