cat ukulele and cover of Elton John's "Honky Cat"

Eh Brah, checked it out da odda day, nevah hea dat one fo long time and bring back memories from da days bak home. BTW, mahalos fo da chords.

Elton would be proud!

Mahalo for the nice comments! Appreciate it!

Thank you! I want to subscribe back! What's your YouTube name?

Nicely done and I dig that uke! Thanks!

Mahalo and special thanks for the DaSilva link! He's got some real beauties. I like the one he made for Honey (of Bosko and Honey)!

Heard this song is in the Rocketman movie. Can't wait to see it!

This is Evie grandads grandaughter and I'm very imprased with your singing and playing on your ukulele and by the way I am only seven years old.How many years have you bin playing on the ukulele for ?Your singing is really good and you are so beautiful to. How old are you because grandad is 62years old.Can you sing Stop by the spice girls for me please but if you can’t then can you sing You Are My Sunshine for me please which is my favourite song that granddad taught me EVER!
From Evie

Haha! Sorry John, she saw me watching your video and nicked my iPad from me. She seems to like you.

Great performance my friend. I’ve never heard that song played on uke before. And I’ve never seen a uke like that either!! lol Loved it.

Hi, Evie! Thanks for your nice message! I'm 62 (going on 63 in a few days) and I've been playing the ukulele for around 50 years! I'll need to try to learn the Spice Girls song, but if I can't do it, I'll try "You Are My Sunshine." Please wait a bit as school just started up. I'll try to work on it as soon as I can. Have a nice weekend! :)

Hi, Dave! I love this ukulele. The neatest feature about this ukulele besides the painting of the cat is the sound hole in the shape of the cat's mouth! :)

Hi, Evie! Thanks for your nice message! I'm 62 (going on 63 in a few days) and I've been playing the ukulele for around 50 years! I'll need to try to learn the Spice Girls song, but if I can't do it, I'll try "You Are My Sunshine." Please wait a bit as school just started up. I'll try to work on it as soon as I can. Have a nice weekend! :)

Hi, Dave! I love this ukulele. The neatest feature about this ukulele besides the painting of the cat is the sound hole in the shape of the cat's mouth! :)

Hi John, I'll let Evie read your message in the morning. She'll be thrilled you responded mate.

The uke's certainly a novel piece of kit my friend - fun to look at and you make it sound great. Just out of interest, I turn 63 on 4th October myself, so there's not much difference in our ages - except you look about 30 years younger than me! (Hey...even my 7 year old grandaughter thinks you're beautiful - what chance do *I* stand?? lol)

I'm not often called "beautiful," so Evie made my day! :)

I'm not often called "beautiful," so Evie made my day! :)

She’s just read your response John, and she’s beaming like a Cheshire Cat! lol

She want to know if you’re a teacher because you mentioned school starting up. lol

Yes, I teach English in Japan. The fall semester begins in late September.

That's a great age to teach, but I know it takes a lot of energy and patience! Much respect for your wife and daughter! :)

Tell Evie I've begun practicing "Stop" by the Spice Girls. I'm gonna work on the audio and video separately, so it might take a while. Hopefully I can get it done by next weekend! No promises that it'll be any good, but I'll try my best!

Top Bottom