Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WTB: Kala Mahogany 8-String Tenor Cutaway Ukulele w/ EQ - Black

Default WTB: Kala Mahogany 8-String Tenor Cutaway Ukulele w/ EQ - Black

I want to buy an eight string. I have decided on a black Kala Mahogany 8-String Tenor Cutaway Ukulele w/ EQ, (KA-8EC-BK.) I have been searching the internet and cannot seem to find any stores that stock these (checked MGM, elderly, all the usual suspects.) My second choice is the spruce top but I really want the black mahogany, and I want it for less than $300 (new.) I would consider spending less on a used one if it is available.

So any suggestions?

I am hoping to make a purchase in about two weeks...
    “Are music and movies killing America's soul? I hope so! Somebody better be killing America's soul if their idea of what our soul should revolve around consists of things like 'who's going to win on survivor,' or 'don't worry about global warming worry about staying forever young!” -Jello Biafra

Quote Originally Posted by ukulelebadass View Post
    I want to buy an eight string. I have decided on a black Kala Mahogany 8-String Tenor Cutaway Ukulele w/ EQ, (KA-8EC-BK.) I have been searching the internet and cannot seem to find any stores that stock these (checked MGM, elderly, all the usual suspects.) My second choice is the spruce top but I really want the black mahogany, and I want it for less than $300 (new.) I would consider spending less on a used one if it is available.

So any suggestions?

Where did you see the KA-8EC-BK? Currently Kala only offers 3 models of 8 string ukes, the Mahagony and Spruce Top with regular body, and the Koa available in Cutaway. Have you tried contacting Kala on availability?

Kanile'a Custom Super Tenor Cobra Slot Head, L.R. Bags active pick up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hf8C...4&feature=plcp
    Kanile'a KSTP Premium Koa Tenor Slot Head
    Kamaka Custom Jake Shimabukuro Signature Model Tenor serial #25http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5eOP...8&feature=plcp
    Kamaka HF-38 8-String with Fishman acoustic infinity p/u
    Kamaka HF-36 6-String White Label
    Kamaka 1960 Gold Label Koa Pineapple

Quote Originally Posted by danged View Post
    Where did you see the KA-8EC-BK? Currently Kala only offers 3 models of 8 string ukes, the Mahagony and Spruce Top with regular body, and the Koa available in Cutaway. Have you tried contacting Kala on availability?
    http://www.georges-ukes.com/Kala-Mah...B001LU6ZR0.htm

http://www.kalaukulele.com/Product%20Price%20List.html
    Last edited by ukulelebadass; 06-28-2009 at 06:35 PM.
    “Are music and movies killing America's soul? I hope so! Somebody better be killing America's soul if their idea of what our soul should revolve around consists of things like 'who's going to win on survivor,' or 'don't worry about global warming worry about staying forever young!” -Jello Biafra

The reason no one has these in stock are that they have been discontinued by Kala. I am correct in saying that Kala currently offers only 3 models of 8 string ukuleles. I am a Kala Dealer, and located very close to them, and in weekly contact with Kala.

You might be able to find a used one out there, good luck.

Kanile'a Custom Super Tenor Cobra Slot Head, L.R. Bags active pick up http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Hf8C...4&feature=plcp
    Kanile'a KSTP Premium Koa Tenor Slot Head
    Kamaka Custom Jake Shimabukuro Signature Model Tenor serial #25http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5eOP...8&feature=plcp
    Kamaka HF-38 8-String with Fishman acoustic infinity p/u
    Kamaka HF-36 6-String White Label
    Kamaka 1960 Gold Label Koa Pineapple

The reason no one has these in stock are that they have been discontinued by Kala. I am correct in saying that Kala currently offers only 3 models of 8 string ukuleles. I am a Kala Dealer, and located very close to them, and in weekly contact with Kala.

what shop?
    Da Papa Gutes Style - YOUTUBE MYSPACE

San Jose, California via `Ewa Beach, O`ahu, Hawai`i

Quote Originally Posted by Guting View Post
    what shop?
    danged owns the Aloha Warehouse in Japantown, San FranciSCO.
    200 years of Unification. 117 years of ILLEGAL OCCUPATION.

Phooey on that! Someones got to have one sitting in a warehouse or back room somewhere, still new in the box. It'll turn up eventually.

In the mean time, maybe I'll think about the koa model. I hesitate to depart from that with which I am familiar, but it's still a KALA and they certainly are pretty...

I think sailqwest was trying to sale one of these black 8 stringers. ansd it seemed like it was still available but on an older post.

My bad here is her link http://www.ukuleleunderground.com/fo...string+ukulele

It isn't the black one it is the spruce top one.

Default Ka-8ebk

Originally Posted by ukulelebadass

So any suggestions?

I was wondering if you had any luck finding the KA-8EBK (or KA-8EC-BK)? I emailed the folks at Kala, and Mike replied to me confirming them discontinued. He even wished me luck finding one of the spruce or koa 8 strings. (also discontinued)

Have you considered the Lanikai models? I have an O series 8 string and I couldn't be happier with it. Solid spruce top, and if you get it from Mim she sets it up for you.
    Purple Makala Dolphin : Mahalo Camp Uke : Mainland Red Cedar Pineapple Porthos : Lanikai O8-E Honey : Mainland Red Cedar Soprano Panties : Ohana Sopranino Short Round : Islander Soprano : Mainland Mahogany Tenor Tank Jr : Kala KM-FMB : Makai PK-55 Inspiration : Vintage Blackstone Baritone : Bluegrass Cedar top Tenor : Zebrawood Fishuku

Thread Information