Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Uke contest ?!

Lightbulb Uke contest ?!

When does is UU or a sponsor of the site host another contest ? like the eleuke contest of July, 10 ...
    Is there any regular date like first day of every second month or smth. like that when theres a contest ?
    Thanks guys, have a nice day....

Unfortunately, UU may hold off hosting contests for a while. The winner of the Eleuke was subjected to some pretty hurtful cyber-bullying on youtube, among other things.

Some People just aren't cool sometimes.

Warning: When you put yourself out there for the world to see, you will hear what they have to say. "Sticks and stones" comes to mind. We should expect that sort of thing on you tube and ignore it.
    Mainland Mahogany Tenor cut-away w/slotted headstock
    Kala KA15S Soprano
    Makala MK-C
    Blue Toy (the one that started it all)

Quote Originally Posted by rjamesak View Post
    Warning: When you put yourself out there for the world to see, you will hear what they have to say. "Sticks and stones" comes to mind. We should expect that sort of thing on you tube and ignore it.
    that's right. alot of people just don't get why we put our songs and covers and such on youtube. we aren't trying to "be cool" and say "im so good at music", it's just having fun doing what we wanna do, which in this community's case is play ukulele, and share it with everyone. it's just for kicks. but alot of people don't get that, and you have to be prepared for the hate. it really is unfortunate that people would do that to the winner. it's not right. she was so very graciously given an eleuke because she made an entertaining rock video, and obviously had a good time doing it. the people that bully, in my honest opinion, don't belong here. this is a constructive, happy, and supportive community whose objective is to help others, support others, and make them feel at home, while having a blast strumming away. ill step down from my soapbox now.
    "why is there a pinapple??"
    "it's a sign of hospitality"
    "oh. i thought it was just tasty."

Is having fun too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by MagliteL13 View Post
    Is having fun too much to ask?
    not at all(:
    "why is there a pinapple??"
    "it's a sign of hospitality"
    "oh. i thought it was just tasty."

You guys are right, If you put up your video to youtube, you will earn anykind of feedback. To be honest with you guys, I also think the winner has not played the most difficult song among all the guys that uploaded their video, but the judges have had their reasons to decide like they did. So stop the madness ! :-P ...

Quote Originally Posted by Lennard View Post
    You guys are right, If you put up your video to youtube, you will earn anykind of feedback. To be honest with you guys, I also think the winner has not played the most difficult song among all the guys that uploaded their video, but the judges have had their reasons to decide like they did. So stop the madness ! :-P ...
    Let's not rehash that old stuff anymore. Please.

i wont...:-) c ya

Thread Information