Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Anybody here watch the Discovery Channel?

I used to watch it a lot more when it was more science-oriented. Since it started, it's added all sorts of pap that really belongs on some other channel (humour? sports? gullible peoples' network? religious cult network?). They put paranormal ghost hunter nonsense on prime time instead of Saturday morning when the children can watch that sort of crap. Adults don't want that stuff. They have all sorts of "mysterious stuff" shows about things that aren't mysterious at all, but they try to pretend they are. Nova is the show I turn to for science.
    Ian
    -------------------------------------------
    “Errare humanum est, perseverare diabolicum, et tertium non datur. To err is human; to persevere in error is diabolical; there is no third option.”
    Seneca the Younger
    Ukulele reviews * Vintage Uke Music * Tequila * Henry Hudson * Harmonica reviews * Blog

I would like to consider myself as a discovery channel bum. I like mythbusters the most though I also enjoy watching whale wars and those shows about jungle survival.

I specifically enjoy watching Bear Grylls and his quest to survive a whole island for some days. For the number of episodes I watched, I think I like the sequence when he ate a small live frog which he claimed to give him a lot of energy. Well, that should really pump you up.

Quote Originally Posted by ascott View Post
    I would like to consider myself as a discovery channel bum. I like mythbusters the most though I also enjoy watching whale wars and those shows about jungle survival.

I specifically enjoy watching Bear Grylls and his quest to survive a whole island for some days. For the number of episodes I watched, I think I like the sequence when he ate a small live frog which he claimed to give him a lot of energy. Well, that should really pump you up.
    Bear Grills is pretty good, but there are times when he shows off to the camera too often. Let's see Bear Grills play a ukulele in the jungle on his show.

Dirty Jobs GREAT.

I used to watch Mythbusters

I think it's a right thread to find discovery channel fans ! I remembered the movie that watched when I was a kid. It was about ocean pollution. All this toxic waste, oil platforms, plastic trash... It really scared me then. I think that's the reason why I don't use plastic bags now and hate those people who leave waste on a beach I even started buying a bamboo toothbrush instead of the plastic one.
    I definitely want to watch this again but I just can't remember the title... Do you guys know good series about the ocean? I'll appreciate any advice.

Thread Information