Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Anybody here watch the Discovery Channel?

I don't know why it got cancelled in the first place. "Survivorman" had so much going for it.

Im not sure if the show was cancelled. I think Les got tired of doing it,, and believed he could make a living doing things a bit easier , than what he did. Even though it was a week,, it had to be hard on him physically and mentally.
    And I agree, on Les,, hes the man . I like Dual Survival & Man Woman wild,,,, but Les was by himself. And when your alone in the woods , jungle etc,,, you are truly alone. He has nerve and skill.
    Steve

You won't catch Les drinking his own pee soon. As for the other new survival shows on TV, I don't care for any of them.

Les Stroudt will be on next Fri with a show called Beyond Survival.

Quote Originally Posted by Mandarb View Post
    Les Stroudt will be on next Fri with a show called Beyond Survival.
    On what Channel?

Okay, "beyond Survival" is on the Discovery Channel this Friday. Now, is there anyone out there who wants talk about anything else on the Discovery Channel besides "Survivorman"? Nothing against Les Stroud. There are other quality shows on there.

Have you seen man woman wild yet... same sort of feel with antics between husband and wife! Entertaining enough!

Quote Originally Posted by aspieman456 View Post
    Okay, "beyond Survival" is on the Discovery Channel this Friday. Now, is there anyone out there who wants talk about anything else on the Discovery Channel besides "Survivorman"? Nothing against Les Stroud. There are other quality shows on there.
    Yeah, Dual Survival rocks & so does Man woman wild, but you dont like them ??
    Steve

Quote Originally Posted by aspieman456 View Post
    My personal favorites are:

Survivorman - I wish for more episode from this program.

Mythbusters - even after six seasons, this is the most educational and entertaining show on there.

Dirty Jobs - Mike Rowe is still funny and dirty for plunging into the craziest and most vital jobs.

Deadliest Catch - One of the better reality shows about crab fishing on TV.

Man Vs. Wild - It's still fascinating but Bear Grills is getting more standoff-ish.
    These are all excellent shows. Discovery also makes some amazing one off documentaries. And who could forget, SHARK WEEK!
    Carlos

I'll watch it if they're linked to the shows I watch there. I saw "Life" a few times and that's was so fascinating. The producers sone a great job at catching the moments the insects and animals they're in.

Thread Information