Crazy G(Jake's version) - Superfast Strum

heymanhaha

Reaction score
I tried many ways but cannot seem to do it!
from Jake's performance video, he does it with his hand open, but does he use more than one finger? does he use any of his nail at all?
I tried strumming using the fingerprint side of the index finger. That way I can strum almost as fast as him but won't make the uke sound very clear/loud(tremolo sound)

Help please !

Thanks

I've been trying to figure this out as well... my only solution... have your hand surgically removed and replaced with a bionic hand and wrist. That's my only explanation as to how he can strum so fast. The same goes for Aldrine if you've ever seen him in person get down on his uke. Both are insane, and watching their hands just looks like a blur in front of the uke, lol!

As for any practical suggestions, sorry but I don't have any except practice, and then practice some more. Many days I just strum and try to change the tempo from slower to faster(as fast as I can go reliably) and then back down, then repeat. Just to keep getting faster little by little, as well as keeping the integrity and cleanliness of my strum.

And it's not only Crazy G either. There are a lot of songs I want to learn, then get stuck on because I can't strum fast. YET. :)

I think he just does it with one finger, and his nail, that's how I almost get it up to speed with him.
It's just a regular strum but super fast.
It helps to keep your arm loose and not strained.

I guess... practice practice practice? lol
Sorry that it wasn't much help but in the crazy g video, I'm pretty sure that's what he does.

Top Bottom