TD Tenor Ukulele <SOLD>

Status
Not open for further replies.

cornfedgroove

Reaction score
I dont have a digital camera right now...so I cant post it like would be normal. I havent been on the site in a long time due to tremendous personal strain. Those at UWC can verify that I do indeed have this ukulele.

This thing is very nice, complete with Mi-Si pickup, case and humidifier. There is nothing wrong with it. I paid $1800 for it and am asking $1200 because I just gotta have the money right now. Read the detailed description off the site here...I purchased this from Shawn, and he can testify to that if anyone has a beef with my posting.

http://web.me.com/syacavone/Site/T.D._Ukulele_(T.D.ウクレレ・2).html

That is a beautiful instrument and one of those rarities one does not come across very often.

Sounds and looks great!

someone's about to get the deal of a lifetime...

Aloha,

Just thought I'd chime in. Someone's about to get the deal of a lifetime...this uke plays wonderfully and i hand-picked the set of master grade koa wood especially for this piece. Toui was one of the custom uke builders that worked for G-String for many years and now has started his own company called, T.D. Ukuleles. (hence the striking resemblance in body shape).

my opinion:
plays great...
nice action...
wonderful sustain...
killer look....
and so much more....

and at $1200 whoever is getting the uke is getting it for less than wholesale, especially with the Mi-Si pickup installed....have fun!

best,
Shawn

http://ukulelefriend.com

thanks Shawn...I appreciate the conversations we had on this. I would love to keep it, but who can predict personal disaster? Shawn, you wanna buy it back? lol

Aloha,

Just thought I'd chime in. Someone's about to get the deal of a lifetime...this uke plays wonderfully and i hand-picked the set of master grade koa wood especially for this piece. Toui was one of the custom uke builders that worked for G-String for many years and now has started his own company called, T.D. Ukuleles. (hence the striking resemblance in body shape).

my opinion:
plays great...
nice action...
wonderful sustain...
killer look....
and so much more....

and at $1200 whoever is getting the uke is getting it for less than wholesale, especially with the Mi-Si pickup installed....have fun!

best,
Shawn

Shawn. I was checking your site the other day and did not see this builder in your custom section. Or was it listed under another name other than T.D. or Toui?

Thanks

aloha....

Aloha,

I don't have [T.D. Ukuleles] listed on my homepage but if you click on any of the builders you will be able to access a 'for sale' page and that will bring you to a more broad listing of the luthiers I am currently working with.

As for a 'buy-back', I'm tempted but I just placed some major orders for a number of premium ukes and need to hold off for the time being. There are just so many great builders out there (and so little resources). I'm sure this one will find a home quick. It's a great piece.

best,
Shawn

Shawn. I was checking your site the other day and did not see this builder in your custom section. Or was it listed under another name other than T.D. or Toui?

Thanks
Have you tried the link cornfedgrove provided in the first post?

Have you tried the link cornfedgrove provided in the first post?

Yes, I did. I was just curious why TD was not listed on Shawns page. I as under the impressions this one of the builders he represented so i assumed it would be there.

I think as Shawn pointed out, there are a number of very talented builders especially in the 808. I think it would be difficult to list every builder he's dealt with over the years. Take a look at the 808 Builders List and I'm sure Shawn has had dealings with most of names mentioned.

Hummm, I'm so tempted but I just have so much ukes and guitars that I'm looking for that I just don't know what move I shoud do....but this one is a real gem...

Aloha Olgoat52,

I work with so many builders that I sometimes update my links and content internally and forget the external listings on my homepage. There are just so many wonderful builders out there that it's quite easy for one or two to slip by (although it certainly is not my intention).

I will contact my web master and ask for an update to be made. I'm actually in the process of simplifying things with the web page a bit more in terms of the navigation while elaborating a bit more on the content so keep an eye out for the new changes. Hopefully, it will be positively received.

Mahalo and thanks for your input,
Shawn

Yes, I did. I was just curious why TD was not listed on Shawns page. I as under the impressions this one of the builders he represented so i assumed it would be there.

Shawn, ok, you sold me. I even live in the same state as Jon! I'm sure it is all you say it is. (interested in an excellent plus mahogany '41 Gibson TU-1? all original)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom