Thread: Maestro M3

Default Maestro M3

On a lark, i purchased a Maestro teardrop tenor ukulele. I don't know why as I need another ukulele like a moose needs a hat rack.

I like the shape of it and the price was certainly right. $46.00 plus $22.OO shipping, but you know Ebay.

Well, what a shock. This instrument is beautiful. It is not to be confused with a Kamaka or something of that price range, but, based on some of the others in this price range, if this a $46.00 ukulele, then I am a, well, you can fill in the rest.

It is a laminate but the face laminate is really pretty. The strings are lousy and will be replaced with Worths tomorrow. The fretboard has no markers which I find strange but I can handle that and it has a high gloss which I could care less about one way or the other. The action appears to be alittle high but I will reserve the final verdict after I put on the new strings.

I purchased this from Violinking from their Ebay site. It was a very good experience as they shipped it out promptly and they even offer a 7 day money back guarantee. This is not going back.

This ukulele is so pretty that even if you don't play it, it would make a good wall piece.

Since sound is subjective, I will say this. Sounds good to me. Certainly not a $500 ukulele but for this price, you cannot beat it.

Maestro M3. Not much information available on it. I have a Makala tenor, and I think this beats that hands down.

Well, I have the Worths on for a couple of weeks and they made a large improvement. However the largest improvement came when I removed the plastic piece on the bridge. This lowered the action and this is now the easiest to play ukulele I have. Matter of fact, I am thinking of buying another and string it in low G.

If you are looking for an entry level tenor for not alot of money, you should consider this one.

Nana ka maka; ho`olohe ka pepeiao;
    pa`a ka waha.

Observe with the eyes; listen with the ears; shut the mouth.
    Thus one learns.

I'm interested by this Maestro uke.

I've checked around - seems like they are a Singapore maker. They have several international dealers but none in North American. Checked on ebay as well and can't find any.

Anyway, I checked their website; they have several lines - I think what Bubba bought must have been the lowest end model.

http://www.maestroguitars.com/products_ukulele.html

I will repeat--i purchased this from violinking. They are an ebay sellor and they are in the united states. Mr. Moderator, if i knew how to attach an image, i would have done so.

Hey bubba! This is my first post ever. I know this is an old thread, but I hope you're still active. I'm about to buy that same exact ukulele from Violinking on ebay! I've been wanting a Tenor ukulele, and when I saw this gourgeous one for so little money I fell in love!

I tried to add a photo of it but it's not showing up.
    I was so happy to see such a good review from you! But what do you mean when you say you removed the plastic peice from the bridge? Did you replace it for a different one, or what? I'm not so talented with remodeling instruments. A thousand thankyou's!
    Last edited by ukulelist; 06-28-2011 at 09:54 AM.

I haven't learned how to post photos, so, while the ebay page is up, I copy the header (I think that's what it's called), then paste it in my reply. Always works.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Tenor-Ukulele-Ne...item5ae1527e2c

this is the ukulele in question I believe. My friend just bought one from him listed as a maestro, same price, like 10 minutes ago. I don't think it is a maestro. Any thoughts?

Thread Information