• Welcome Back Kotter

8 25.00%
  • The Partridge Family

2 6.25%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Best TV Show Poll

Hippie Dribble Guest

Lightbulb time for a new poll???

hmmm...not that many responses in nearly 6 months, methinks it's time to hatch a new poll / thread with a broader base....

"Aaaaaaay"

-Fonzy
    My only goal in life is to make music!

Quote Originally Posted by cletus View Post
    I'll go back in time a little further: Have Gun, Will Travel.
    '

"Have Gun Will Travel " is one of my all time favorites. That theme at the start of the show is awesome.
    I'm also a big fan of " The Rifleman" and " Gilligans Island."

Quote Originally Posted by eugene ukulele View Post
    As a parting shot, I probably should say that tv really is only a reflection of the culture out of which it is produced. What saddens me most about that though, is to think what has happened to our society in the intervening 30 years since these shows were made. I miss the days when life was simpler. But hey, my favourite colours are still orange and brown so what can I say!
    I agree with this sentiment, Jon. It is truly sad what has happened to the modern world: aggressive; actually, less racial tolerance overall (in my opinion); more non-racial prejudice (e.g. rich vs. poor, smart vs. dumb, etc.); a more lackadaisical work ethic; less "my word is bond" trust and more "I got the best of you" attitude, more "jackpot" mentality ("I'm gonna sue that company and take them to the cleaners!); more one-on-one confrontation ("look at me wrong and I'll sue your pants off!"); the neighborhood of "drive my car in and close the remote garage door before I even get out of the car" neighbors; the Girl Scout ringing the doorbell and homeowner hides under the couch ("someone rang my doorbell! If it was someone I knew coming here, they'd have texted me first!"); the rampant daily dependency on prescription and non-prescription drugs (for even children); the "offender for a word" mentality online ("you made a general joke about driving drunk; my sister-in-law's second cousin died from a drunk driver; it's not funny and you should be ashamed of yourself!"); the name calling online behind screennames ("You're a dipshit for being you." Signed, onehotmama!); the "I'm not here to help you, I'm here to berate you" form of online critiques; the "let's law-up and gun-up" societal norm.

Society, as a whole, is more agitated. More nervous. Individuals are more isolated, and exhibiting the psychological issues associated with that isolation.

All that said, I liked the Courtship of Eddie's Father (1969-1972).

What's wrong with you people, it's the Andy Griffith Show without question!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    What's wrong with you people, it's the Andy Griffith Show without question!
    Agreed! Going through them starting with Season 1, Episode 1 on Netflix. I've noticed a sudden craving to play "Ridin' That New River Train" and "The Crawdad Song" on my uke, though (wouldn't it be fun to join Andy for a little pickin' on the front porch?).

Quote Originally Posted by Just a fan View Post
    Agreed! Going through them starting with Season 1, Episode 1 on Netflix. I've noticed a sudden craving to play "Ridin' That New River Train" and "The Crawdad Song" on my uke, though (wouldn't it be fun to join Andy for a little pickin' on the front porch?).
    I love the episode with the Darlin's when they play Dooley, and of course Ernest T Bass is in that episode too.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/hoosierhiver

UWC: no shirt, no shoes, no problem..

Ukes questions should be emailed to mike@mainlandukes.com

I know Gary Yoshida.

I had to pick The Partridge Family purely for the fact that Susan Dey fuelled my adolescent fantasies for many years.

Also, we only had that and Happy Days. Never seen a single episode of the others .

And you forgot Skippy.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosierhiver View Post
    I love the episode with the Darlin's when they play Dooley, and of course Ernest T Bass is in that episode too.
    Oh yeah! So much good music on that show. My introduction to folk/bluegrass.

Thread Information