I just did a BAD thing...

very cool. I never was a big fan of sopranos until I saw the video "Flanning Family Jam" by another UUer, now I find myself contemplating one in the future... I think the martins are top-notch as well! So, jealousy is an emotion I am feeling right now.

I tease, but for real nice find! Let us know how she is when you get her!

Jake

It's not here YET, but unbelievably is scheduled for delivery TOMORROW! I will be at work, but I went by the UPS place a few minutes ago to arrange to pick it up there, since it requires a signature. That has the extra benefit of my wife not seeing it. Bad, I know...

It's not here YET, but unbelievably is scheduled for delivery TOMORROW! I will be at work, but I went by the UPS place a few minutes ago to arrange to pick it up there, since it requires a signature. That has the extra benefit of my wife not seeing it. Bad, I know...

If you hide it, she'll be even more pissed. :p

Good luck dude!

Think of it this way...you may have to sleep on the couch a few days, but that Martin is going to be with you those cold nights.

It's here! I'm not sure what strings are on it, but so far it isn't staying in tune very well (just normal string-stretching), but it sure is a beauty! I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

Chris, I understand your tortoise shell attraction. While most folks who have more than one vintage Martin would collect a style 0, a style 1, a style 2, etc., I would collect only style 1's....a soprano, a concert, a tenor and a baritone....each with that sexy tortoise binding.

If I had those four ukes, I would never need another....

Here are a few pictures of the new Style 1, along with my Style 2. They're both sopranos, although in at least one picture the Style 1 looks larger. Just the angle...
The Style 1 is in lots better shape than the 2, but doesn't sound as good (at least with its current strings). It sounds really nice, just not as good as the 2.

Attachments

• 100_2673.jpg
    100_2673.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 11
  • 100_2674.jpg
    100_2674.jpg
    97 KB · Views: 13
  • 100_2675.jpg
    100_2675.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 10
Here are a few pictures of the new Style 1, along with my Style 2. They're both sopranos, although in at least one picture the Style 1 looks larger. Just the angle...
The Style 1 is in lots better shape than the 2, but doesn't sound as good (at least with its current strings). It sounds really nice, just not as good as the 2.

Aloha Chris,
Maybe the strings need to break in...on the style 1....Did the wife see it yet???HMMM I just saw the amount of posts you have...is that coincidence..911????
Thanks for sharing....have fun with the new one....MM Stan....

The Martin Fluorocarbons I ordered arrived today. I have a busy weekend, but I'll try to get them on sometime soon. I've heard good things about them, but the only uke I have them on (so far) is an old '20s thing with peg tuners, and one has a broken "paddle", so it's difficult to tune and doesn't get played much.

Very, very nice, Chris! Has the Mrs. forgiven you yet?

Ummmmmmmm.... no comment. Actually, I must confess. I've played it in front of her, and she apparently can't tell one uke from the other. Money for my various collections and hobbies comes from my "allowance", as well as money I make from bass gigs. She has the same arrangement for her "treat money", as we call it. So, what she doesn't know won't hurt me! I know, I know.....

Last edited:
Top Bottom