Stickers for fingerboard?

TCK

Reaction score
I saw a picture somewhere of a set of stickers that were affixed to the fingerboard to map it. I would like to learn melodies and that seems like a fast and easy way- they may have been hand made, but I figured I would ask. Anyone know where to get such a thing?
My Makala is screaming for them.
Thanks in advance- TCK

Aloha TCK,
Also you can go to E-bay and search ukulele stickers too!!!
I hope it helps...MM Stan..

Those are decorative....I think the OP wants the notes of each string on each fret.

AHA!

Maybe he was thinking of WHetu's 'ukulele:
comparison.jpg

Did you make some sort of strip with the notes of the fretboard under it on your makala?
Kinda... I stole... errr... borrowed a label printer from work and labelled it. It gets trickier the further down the fretboard you get - you'll notice the label is trimmed on the 12th fret for example. There's a closer picture in this thread.
attachment.php

I stick stickers on my fretboard for decoration it looks quite cool. But labeling the frets is a cool idea I need to learn each note and it looks like an easy way to do it.

I stick stickers on my fretboard for decoration it looks quite cool. But labeling the frets is a cool idea I need to learn each note and it looks like an easy way to do it.

I was wondering, does the stickers peel slightly, when you pluck or strum or place your fingers on them?

I don't know if you put these stickers on your fret board, left them on for a while, would they peel off without leaving any paper and or glue behind???? I would hate to see some new uke player learning on a Kamaka, Kanile'a or KoAloha and then getting residue from the glue on the fretboard!!!

I borrowed a label maker for this as well. I think I will put them on my concert though.

It's a clever idea. A manufacturer could even make a uke with the notes marked out it in a subtler, more decorative fashion. I have a student model English concertina from 1895 that has the notes carved into the ivory button ends. I found it very helpful in learning.

Ahnko Honu- that was the exact picture I was thinking of- mythidiot- I like the way those go on (and will come off) way better- thanks folks!

I have been having a bit of trouble learning the fret notes as well, at least quickly without looking so much. I think I will make my own. Just go to my word processor, use shipping labels, type the notes in font size 16 or 18, Bold, cut them out in squares and place them on. Should work until one has mastered the board and no longer need them. Lozark

I wonder if we could take a uke to a laser engraver and have them do it. They could probably do some pretty cool looking fonts. I know a laser engraver, I'll have him look at this post and let us know what he thinks.

In the late '70s and early '80s, John Entwistle had at least one custom Alembic bass with the notes inlaid as position markers. Believe it or not, he said he actually got stage fright. After 15 years (at that point) playing with The Who! So don't feel too bad about "cheating"!

If I did a setup like that, I would skip all the flats/sharps. They're obvious anyway. Less clutter makes it easier to find what you're looking for.

Top Bottom